Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Juden Stern/Jew star

Article about: by drmessimer Could someone please post a certified, genuine star for comparison? And if possible, an explanation of how it specifically differs from the star now in question. Thanks. Dwight

Default Re: Juden Stern/Jew star

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Could someone please post a certified, genuine star for comparison? And if possible, an explanation of how it specifically differs from the star now in question. Thanks. Dwight
    I would also like to see this!

My view is that the star in question may not be "genuine" because there is no sign of another star being printed in close proximity of the illustrated star? The artwork would have been step and repeated as close together as possible so as to save the most fabric—why would the manufacturer waste even the least scrap material—it is not commercial sense.

The only company I know that produced the Jewish star was Berliner Fahnenfabrik Geitel & Co. which also had the contracts for producing flags for the German military and Nazi administration and earlier the banners for the Berlin Olympics.

The contract for the manufacture of the "Jewish star" was awarded the Berlin Fahnenfabrik Geitel & Co on the basis that it was to be fulfilled within a few days. Nearly a million stars - printed on long rolls of fabric and packed in bales - were delivered on time and the order brought the company 30,000 Reichsmark, which following the normal business practice of the time "if paid within five days of delivery of order" a two percent discount was granted. The Jews had to pay 10 pfennig each to buy them to wear on their clothing.

10,000,000 Pfennig = 100,000 marks revenue minus 30,000 supplier costs = 70,000 marks profit... not a bad return for the Nazi administration!

Berliner Fahnenfabrik Geitel & Co also produced the Polish "P" patches and the "OST" patch for East workers the company still exists today as the Best company.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juden Stern/Jew star
    P
    Many

Mine has been certified.

Everything about the original star is incorrect. It is a very well known fake. The print is incorrect, as is the material.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Mine has been certified.
    Having never been through the certification process myself? What is involved in the process, do such artifacts go before a board of experts or is it just an appraiser? What sort of costs are involved? Who did you get to certify the star?

I got an friend of one of the original "nazi hunters" to certify it. His name is Dr. Friedrich Zettl from Austria. I forget what I paid, sorry. I also have had directors of collection with ushmm verify his certificate. Ushmm is united stated holocaust memorial museum. If you would like, I can post a photo of the certificate.

As promised... note the small hole in the middle of my star which verifies it is the same.

Juden Stern/Jew starJuden Stern/Jew starJuden Stern/Jew star

ADD: The book in the background IS where I got my prior posted facts from.

ADD2: The best way to tell a fake.... The Nsdap had regulations which stated the star must be a certain height according to location, the known Jude star was (3.5 in) Many fakes are not the correct size, including the one which started the thread I believe. There is also no evidence this font ever existed.( star which started this thread).

Thanks for the photo example, but could we see a sharper image. This one is so out of focus that it's impossible to discern the differences between the two. It would also help if you could provide specific things to look for and compare. Thanks. Dwight

Look up I added info. before I saw your post. As for the pictures, sorry best I have at this time. But if you look at the picture I just posted of the front side of the star, then go back to the first pictured I posted months ago, you can tell they are the same.

The photo I just posted is a close up of the picture on the certificate.

Add: He's not per say. If you know him, ask him. He showed this to the famous nazi hunter. As well as its not just his word. You asked for a certificate. This has been authenticated in person by the ushmm. It matches know originals to a tee. I guarantee you it's original.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    As promised... note the small hole in the middle of my star which verifies it is the same.

Juden Stern/Jew starJuden Stern/Jew starJuden Stern/Jew star

ADD: The book in the background IS where I got my prior posted facts from.

ADD2: The best way to tell a fake.... The Nsdap had laws which stated the star must be a certain height(3.5 in) Many fakes are not the correct size, including this one I believe. There is also no evidence this font ever existed.
    I have previously bought a couple TR propaganda postcards from Dr. Friedrich Zettl, via his site: collect.at Vintage Collectibles and Unique Antiques but I did not appreciate that he was considered an expert in Holocaust artifacts?

There definitely was no font as such for the word "JUDE" in the yellow star. It was a piece of hand-drawn calligraphy artwork designed to visually convey a Yiddsih-Hebrew character to the word such as used in the film posters for the virulently anti-Semitic Der ewige Jude ( " The Eternal Jew " ) as below:

Juden Stern/Jew star

A total aside from the thread; the guys at the Holocaust Museum in Houston were very helpful to me a while back when they kindly agreed to accurately measure the internal dimensions of the Holocaust era cattle truck they have in their collection for one of my projects

Read above add please. Sorry will be offline for a few hours. I don't know how else to help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast