Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kampfzeit part 3

Article about: Here's an unusual table flag from the Ring voelkischer Frauen (RvF), the women's group of the Deutschvoelkische Freiheitsbewegung (DVFB). It was a failed attempt in the mid-1920's to create

pjm
    ?

Default Kampfzeit part 3

Here's an unusual table flag from the Ring voelkischer Frauen (RvF), the women's group of the Deutschvoelkische Freiheitsbewegung (DVFB). It was a failed attempt in the mid-1920's to create a feminist movement based on a German racial-ethnic political philosophy of the DVFB.

The Deutschvoelkische Freiheitspartei (DVFP) was outlawed in 1923 along with the NSDAP and renamed itself to NSFB - Nationalsozialistische Freiheitsbewegung, cooperated closely with the NSDAP and was a part of Hitler's 1923 coup attempt; it vanished into extinction in the late 20s, and its members, like Ernst Roehm, joined the NSDAP.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kampfzeit part 3   Kampfzeit part 3  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfzeit part 3
    P
    Many

pjm
    ?

Default Re: Kampfzeit part 3

This piece is not in my collection. I stumbled on it on a vendor's site and lost track of who it is so I apologize that I can't attribute it further.

pjm
    ?

Default Re: Kampfzeit part 3

Just noticed the explanation above is not entirely complete.

Weimar political history is somewhat confusing...but...

The NSFB mentioned above, the Nationalsozialistische Freiheitsbewegung was dissolved in 1925 when the NSDAP was reestablished after Hitler's release from Landsberg prison. It was reconstituted as the Deutschvoelksiche Freiheitsbewegung and competed with the NSDAP as the radical right, nationalist, ethnocentric and antisemitic political movement. It faded into obscurity by 1928 with its membership largely going over to the NSDAP.

The flag for the RvF is therefore a rather rare document of the times but, like many rare things, of little interest to collectors.

It is, however, interesting to see the use of the rune and swastika by another political party.

While looking at some old posts from PJM's awesome Kampfzeit collection, I noticed this table banner (which he did not own). Well, I instantly recognized it, as I've seen it on a Militaria dealer's site for sale for several years.

Looking at small details, I see that it is the exact banner, minus pieces of type and bottom of the Sig rune. I don't know what to think about this other than now I believe this is a fake and was "roughed up" a bit to show more age and usage. Even with this abuse the banner is listed at almost 900.00 USD.

I've been wanting to start collecting some early Kampfzeit items, and thought that perhaps the fakes were not too prevalent in that field, but it appears that is not the case. Be careful it's a minefield out there.

Kampfzeit part 3Kampfzeit part 3