Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kleinbahn cap insignia ?

Article about: the little i think i know is that the Kleinbahn was an sub-division of the Deustche Reichsbahn?! the difference between this insignia versus the insignia worn by the employees at the Strasse

Default Kleinbahn cap insignia ?

the little i think i know is that the Kleinbahn was an sub-division of the Deustche Reichsbahn?! the difference between this insignia versus the insignia worn by the employees at the Strassenbahn is the lack of sun rays/lightning bolts.
    the item is marked M1/53.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kleinbahn cap insignia ?   Kleinbahn cap insignia ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kleinbahn cap insignia ?
    P
    Many

Quote by bittaker View Post
    the little i think i know is that the Kleinbahn was an sub-division of the Deustche Reichsbahn?! t
    No.

As the name implies, Kleinbahnen [Small/Minor Railways] were small-scale local railway enterprises that had no connection to the nationwide, state-owned Deutsche Reichsbahn [German National Railways].

Kleinbahnen typically operated in thinly-populated rural areas that were not serviced by the Reichsbahn and connected villages and small towns.

(To give you an idea: The largest such enterprise was the Pommersche Landesbahnen, which was a conglomerate of 21 formerly independent corporations whose rail lines ranged from 19 to 184 kilometers.)

This type of cap badge was authorized if 100 % of the employees were organized in the DAF.

so these companies were independent of the Deutsche Reichsbahn?! i`d always thought that the D.R. controlled everything.
    thanx, Andreas.
    jeg setter pris på at du bruker din tid på hjelpe meg/finne fram fakta!!!
    Stig

translated: i really appreciate that you use your time to help me/find the facts.