Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kraft durch Freude Flugtag pin

Article about: Comments and value will be appreciated on this Kraft durch Freude.... Erfurt Oct. 21 /34....(Strength through Joy) 1 3/4" round wooden air day pin??......Thanks in advance.....Dave H

Default Kraft durch Freude Flugtag pin

Comments and value will be appreciated on this Kraft durch Freude.... Erfurt Oct. 21 /34....(Strength through Joy) 1 3/4" round wooden air day pin??......Thanks in advance.....Dave HKraft durch Freude Flugtag  pinKraft durch Freude Flugtag  pin
    Last edited by SADolch; 03-31-2014 at 11:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kraft durch Freude Flugtag  pin
    P
    Many

imo its very rough like a cast item not for me.

More like plastic, IMO. One I have not seen before - but there
    are thousands out there - Lol.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hey Dave,

Your badge is 100% genuine...it is from the 1934 KDF Flugtag event in Erfurt. I'd sell it on my site for $35-$40.

Not sure how one would 'cast' a wooden badge...

Chrys

Thanks Harry & Steve for checking the pin.....in my post i had a question mark after my description if it was a wooden item,it was difficult to tell because of the heavy coating of brown paint........
    Chrys, Thanks for the OK on this item,i checked your book before i posted it..... if you come across one ,my friend would like to purchase one for his collection........Dave H

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Thanks Harry & Steve for checking the pin.....in my post i had a question mark after my description if it was a wooden item,it was difficult to tell because of the heavy coating of brown paint........
    Chrys, Thanks for the OK on this item,i checked your book before i posted it..... if you come across one ,my friend would like to purchase one for his collection........Dave H
    I'll keep an eye out...pretty scarce tinnie though!

Nice rare pin. Thanks for sharing.
    Please, when posting a measuring tape, be sure the word "ïnches" or "cm" is visible on the tape. I honestly wouldn't know which it is in this case if you hadn't mentiond "1 3/4".
    Last edited by der alte oberst; 04-02-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Hi Dave - the reason I thought/think it's plastic is because
    of the way the pin bracket is fastened to the badge.
    It looks like a moulded affair which would have
    required the material to melt somewhat
    to attach the bracket.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Its actually probably a plaster material...there are a few tinnies from Thuringen like this. They look like wood but aren't...

Just my .02 worth...

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Nice rare pin. Thanks for sharing.
    Please, when posting a measuring tape, be sure the word "ïnches" or "cm" is visible on the tape. I honestly wouldn't know which it is in this case if you hadn't mentiond 3/4".
    Hi ,thanks for checking the pin...in my post i mentioned it was 1 3/4".......but i will try and remember to put inch or cm in the future....

Steve & Chrys,,,,,,,,,,wish i knew how to check the material without ruining it,I"ll wait until someone else messes with theirs.........Thanks Again..........Dave H