Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?

Article about: Hello forum, I would appreciate any thoughts and expertise on this old coat. Appears correct for the era but I am unsure on the markings. They differ from many others I have seen lately. Com

Default "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück"

Hello forum,

I would appreciate any thoughts and expertise on this old coat. Appears correct for the era but I am unsure on the markings. They differ from many others I have seen lately. Completely new to looking at German items to add to the WWII collection, I have yet to even arm myself with the appropriate literature and the amount of forgeries out there is astounding! still, the combined knowledge on this forum equals any book

Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?   "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?  

"Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?   "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?  

Last edited by christek; 09-11-2015 at 02:58 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?
    P
    Many

It is original. Not military but RAD issue. Note the brown collar.

The markings are to RAD units it was issued to.

You can research these are find out what parts of Germany this coat travelled to.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Many thanks for your time Ade! Always much appreciated!

They were in Saxony:

XV Sachsen 150-157

RAD-Gruppe 153 Löbau 01.10.1935-12.11.1943
    RAD-Abt. 1/153 Löbau 01.10.1935, 1936
    RAD-Abt. 2/153 Bischofswerder 1939
    RAD-Abt. 3/153 Löbau 1938, 1939
    RAD-Abt. 4/153 Seifhennersdorf 1939
    RAD-Abt. 10/153 Bautzen (Quelle RK-Träger Austen, Hans)
    RAD-Abt. 12/153 "General von Gersdorff" Milkel b. Bautzen (1937)
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks again Ade, I ended up wining this interesting bit of German history! I have no idea of it's value but I think I did ok on this one. It is my hope to assemble a complete RAD uniform - A great example to help explain the Nazi totalitarianism.

I will update with better pics when I have it in hand.

Now on the lookout for original RAD items appropriate to this style of coat!

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?  "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat?  "Mantel Arbeitsdienst Kammerstück" - Is this a WWII military coat? 
    Last edited by christek; 09-10-2015 at 03:18 PM.