Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe

Article about: I know what it is, I know what it was issued/given for, what I am unsure of, is it period? These are faked, and usually easy to spot, spelling mistakes grammar etc: But this one looks pretty

Default Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe

I know what it is, I know what it was issued/given for, what I am unsure of, is it period?

These are faked, and usually easy to spot, spelling mistakes grammar etc: But this one looks pretty good...... BUT.....It's been made into a box to hold something.

They were in zinc as far as I know, and this one "appears" to be the correct material.

Is it 2 awards ???? The material it is stuck to could be Bakelite, or horn? It has a piece missing. I'm not sure if the photos are much to go on, but it sure has me wondering.

It came in with some other bits and pieces that I'm sifting through ....and anyone with any ideas please say
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe   Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe  

Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe   Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe  

Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe   Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe  

Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Hi Johnno,

Looks gen to me, the outer part of the box does appear to be bakelite as horn doesn't chip like that.

regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks buddy, I felt it was ok, as the detail is good, but it's always good to check. Do you think there are 2 medallions? I'm wondering if there might be two.....

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Thanks buddy, I felt it was ok, as the detail is good, but it's always good to check. Do you think there are 2 medallions? I'm wondering if there might be two.....
    Good point, I never thought of that! Looking at the thickness of both pieces I would say that there's definitely more than one split in half!

Just for comparison, here's a fake one. Not the general weakness in the fairly crude rendition of the overall design and soft appearance of the lettering. Also Goring seems to have a mensur scar as impressive as Otto Skorzeny's.....

Medal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the LuftwaffeMedal for Outstanding Achievements in the Technical branch of the Luftwaffe

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

imo Johns is an original one.