Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Metal pennant, but whats if for?

Article about: It was for badass German bikers that wore picklehaubs.

?

Weren't mine fields marked with a black skull in a down pointing yellow cloth triangle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Metal pennant, but whats if for?
    P
    Many

I am sure were on the right track, but does anyone have any sort of proof to the theory.... it sounds and looks correct.
    D.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Weren't mine fields marked with a black skull in a down pointing yellow cloth triangle.
    A common misconception, the flag you describe was for Gas marking, the proof in period pictures can be found by a forum search.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Some sort of unit/command pennant; surely not a mine- or gas warning flag.

In the Wehrmacht, a triangular command pennant, horizontally divided into black upper and lower thirds and a branch-colored mid-section identified a brigade.

However, I am only aware of letters and numbers appearing in the mid-section. No idea about the meaning of the skull-in-a-triangle.

Hi HPL2008,
    Its a slow process but I am sure we will get close to its actual original purpose as the forum members always pull out all the stops on items like this.
    D.

I was thinking a command unit flag/pennant rather than a warning flag, if that was not clear.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Anon,
    You possibly right, there is a photo list on a sheet of paper but its hard to read the old German script. I will have another look at it tomorrow in sunlight...hopefully, unless it rains.
    D.

It could be from one of the towns that Nazi scientists did experiments on, if someone could pull an article on that, but I think they did experiment somewhere in Poland or another country near it and poured chemicals into the town to see what would happen.

?

If it is in front of a house , has to be a command post or office for something.

Quote by Heavington View Post
    It could be from one of the towns that Nazi scientists did experiments on, if someone could pull an article on that, but I think they did experiment somewhere in Poland or another country near it and poured chemicals into the town to see what would happen.
    1. No.

2. Huh?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast