Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review

Article about: Hello all. Please feel free to post your thoughts on this shirt. I really like it but I,m also a idiot sometimes when it comes to this stuff!. I,m certain that every is genuine but not sure

Default My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review

Hello all.
    Please feel free to post your thoughts on this shirt.
    I really like it but I,m also a idiot sometimes when it comes to this stuff!.
    I,m certain that every is genuine but not sure if its put together recently or of the period etc.
    Also any info on the tinnie would be appreciated.
    Inside on the waste line its marked Konig.
    Rgds Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review   My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review  

My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review   My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review  

My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review   My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review
    P
    Many

I rotated the medal for you..I like the collar tabs...wait for other opinions.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry.
    Rgds pete

My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for reviewMy new SA Generals Brown Shirt for reviewMy new SA Generals Brown Shirt for reviewEverything on the shirt is original to the period. I believe the insignia has been married to a stripped shirt by the images. The collar piping is missing from the shirt. The collar tabs are also machine sewn, which I would not expect to find on a brown shirt. Insignia was usually tacked to the shirt for easy removal when laundering was required. A general officer rank should have long service stripes on the cuffs of the shirt. The shirt shows a great amount of wear while the insignia appears to have no wear. I would not want ths shirt in my collection. Attached are pictures of a genuine general officer rank brownshirt attached to the staff of Gruppe Berlin Brandenburg. Note the metal leaf devices on the tabs, which are what is usually found on the brown shirt. Embroidered tabs are a possibility but are rarely seen in period pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I'D go with Bob on this one the back of the collar tab seems very sloppy done not something that would have been done during TR

Here is another example with all the proper bells and whistles. This is one of those cases where the owner used hand embroidered insignia. Notice how the age of the shirt and insignia match well.

My new SA Generals Brown Shirt for reviewMy new SA Generals Brown Shirt for reviewMy new SA Generals Brown Shirt for reviewMy new SA Generals Brown Shirt for review
    BOB

Thankyou for your comments Bob.
    Amazing stuff you have in your collection.
    It was brought throught a good dealer but he wasn,t sure if it was a put together piece etc.
    Rgds Peter

Hi Peter-
    My thoughts are a good dealer should do his research before selling an item. I hope you receive a refund as undoubtedly, it was expensive.
    BOB

Bravo for Bob's fine items. Always a pleasure to see.

Here is the descriptor from the site which has this item listed for sale. It appears to me that he is upfront with what he is selling. He does not claim the shirt is original and expresses his own concerns on the site.

"
    I do not know if it was put together by a collector or if it was assembled during the period, I am always skeptical of Generals items. This one looks like it may have been assembled during the period but I am going to price it for the parts since I am not sure. The shirt is in fine condition and just shows normal age and wear. The tabs are of general rank with one pip with gold highlights and a black background. The shoulder board is on a black background and has a silver and gold twisted cold braid in fine condition also. The arm band matches and looks nice on the arm. What I really like is the name written on the waist, I think it is "Konig", this may make a good research project. There is also a super cool pin on the pocket, I am sure this is a rare piece also and I am leaving it on."

The listed price is $1850 USD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast