Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge

Article about: Please tell me what you think of this badge. Is it original? IMO it looks OK. Thanks for your help. Tom

Default N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge

Please tell me what you think of this badge. Is it original? IMO it looks OK.
    Thanks for your help.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge  N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge

This type is what I think of their may be more I guess? I dont have a good feeling about this one.
    Eric
    N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar BadgeN.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The quality looks a bit rough, the gold edging seems to vary in thickness as does the lettering, the whole thing seems to lack the crispness you'd expect but I'm no expert. Others will know.

There is a thread on these within the Forum. I had never seen one
    until this year. Apparently very rare and controversial badges.
    Regards,

Steve.

I think both badges are ok! Here is a link re the kinderschar:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...derschar-4692/
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Kinderschar meaning Flock Badge is very rare and very few survived the war according to "ENAMELED ORGANIZATIONAL BADGES OF GERMANY 1918-1945" by J.R. CONE. this badge lacks the crispness that the originals exibited.The badge is rated very rare by the same book.Carl

Just been searching around and it seems that the swastika on these are normally red? Opinions.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge  

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Kinderschar meaning Flock Badge is very rare and very few survived the war according to "ENAMELED ORGANIZATIONAL BADGES OF GERMANY 1918-1945" by J.R. CONE. this badge lacks the crispness that the originals exibited.The badge is rated very rare by the same book.Carl
    Why? why in heavens name are people still quoting from this book? If the paper was thinner, it could be an alternative to WC paper if you ran out, but it is not, so is really only good to light a camp fire! (but be warned, there is so much poisonous speculation and lies in that book, that the fumes may well be deadly.)

Tom, i had forgotten about this actually. Yes of course the badge in post 1 is genuine, although the reverse image in this case is not the same as the original reverse image, but is marked the same. BUT, all the enamel was knocked off, and some clown filled in the white and red/ now-black with plastic :-) So original badge, bogus color in the middle.

The third badge in post 7, marked M1/63, is a post war reproduction.
    N.S.F - Deutsche Kinderschar Badge
    The "Gau München" badge, is also one for the camp fire.