Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Naval SA Sports Badge??

Article about: So I have been doing a lot of reading in the new book set I got - Sport in the Third Reich. I have a good collection of Sport and Defense badges - however there is reference to a "Naval

?

Default Naval SA Sports Badge??

So I have been doing a lot of reading in the new book set I got - Sport in the Third Reich.

I have a good collection of Sport and Defense badges - however there is reference to a "Naval" sport badge in the book. I tried to search for it here - but no luck. Is it a type 1 SA Badge, Type 2, or a defense badge?

pictures would be MUCH appreciated... I bet you got one, don't you Mr. Coleman!!?? ha!...

Thanks! Duff.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Naval SA Sports Badge??
    P
    Many

I have never heard of a SA Naval Sport Badge.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Page 291 Volume 1 - Sport in the Third Reich; "A Very rare SA-Naval Sports Badge in bronze, silver, and gold also exists (Niemann, 2004, 373). This SA Naval Sports badge has an anchor superimposed on the sword of the SA-Sports badge emblem."

You know who "I" asked about this first Bob - T.S. He said, he never has heard of one either.....

?

Excuse my error - "Sport and the Third Reich."

SA Seesportabzeichen...Found on WAF...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Naval SA Sports Badge??   Naval SA Sports Badge??  

Naval SA Sports Badge??  

The SA-Seesportabzeichen was short-lived (1934 -1935, if memory serves) and examples are extremely rare.

For an example, I have to refer you to the WAF. See: The crowning glory of my collection - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Edit: Glenn outdrew me. The example seen in the above post, plus additional rare paperwork can be found under that link.

?

Well Done Fellas...! Exactly what I wanted to see as well - it is a Type 1 SA Sport badge... The one pictured above is a rare bird - low numbered Gold!....

Thank You!

Duff.....

There is always something new to learn. I can understand why it was short lived as the badge was redundant
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Wow .Beautiful stuff