Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

nazi pin/badge?

Article about: found this pin whilst out metal detecting our land about 10 years ago, i was actually detecting a spot where a b24 crashed, as i dug up a spent shell this tiny badge surfaced with it!! any i

Default nazi pin/badge?

found this pin whilst out metal detecting our land about 10 years ago, i was actually detecting a spot where a b24 crashed, as i dug up a spent shell this tiny badge surfaced with it!! any ideas what it is.... also this same field was used by pow germans as labour on our farm.... do you think the pin came from one of these pow's, from the b24 perhaps a crew members souvineer, your opinions please gents on this key shaped badge...
    i think i can make out R.H STERLING on the back

found raf badge on different field
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture nazi pin/badge?   nazi pin/badge?  

nazi pin/badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement nazi pin/badge?
    P
    Many

Default Re: nazi pin/badge?

I would say it is a good luck charm, most likely Victorian in date and either British or US in origin. Not German or Third Reich for sure. Remember that the swatika was a popular symbol until the Nazis got hold of it. There is of course a chance it got carried by someone in WW2, but I am pretty certain it was made many years before.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: nazi pin/badge?

thanks ade i had thought that may be the case, but with the crash and pow's id hoped it was military.