Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with this armband. Thanks.

Article about: I've never seen another Im dienst armband like this with Italian national colors. Is it uncommon? Were there Im dienst armbands with other national colors? Any idea what it's worth? Thanks f

Default Need help with this armband. Thanks.

I've never seen another Im dienst armband like this with Italian national colors. Is it uncommon? Were there Im dienst armbands with other national colors? Any idea what it's worth? Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with this armband. Thanks.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this armband. Thanks.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help with this armband. Thanks.

Says " Working for the German Wehrmacht ", may be an workers armband, that supported the Germans in WW2.

Is the colors green - white - red, or is the first color blue, , if its green then its an Italian flag, and if Blue, then its french.

Brian

Never seen one like this before. But I kind of like the look of it. Maybe worth the risk if it was cheap?

Cheers, Ade.

hi guys,

what bothers me about this armband is the type of font that is used. If you look at all the diferent werhmacht armbands you wil see that there is always a typical "style" of lettertype used.
    But i could be wrong....

greetings
    Eddy

as far as i remember i have seen a similar one for sale as a translator armband, and was used to translate betwen german and italian troops, i like the way it is done like the stichings for the flag and for the font it can be an italian made one and they used allways other fonts, but i dont know if this is a real one or a good repro or fantasy item

I like this piece. I would not expect a locally made, small production armband such as this to conform to the norm of typical mass produced pieces. From the picture, I like what I see.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Would a forger even bother with something like this? I like it!

Hi Glenn, fakers will copy or even invent anything!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks, everyone. Everything in the collection that this came in checked out as original, so it's a pretty good bet this armband is original, too. I appreciate your help.

Sorry to jump in late here but, This one is for the volunteers working for and under the jurisdiction of the German armed forces. The Italian national colors shown here on this band indicates that the wearer is a Italian national. Other national colors are known to have been used like (Belgian) in this manner. Sorry I have none in my collection but have seen at touched them in my travels. Looks nice to me! Shane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast