Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help - Collar Tabs

Article about: Please tell me what these are. Firstly, are they RAD, because they used similar looking tabs, but different collars. Secondly, are they period or post war? I have an original tab that has th

Default Need help - Collar Tabs

Please tell me what these are. Firstly, are they RAD, because they used similar looking tabs, but different collars. Secondly, are they period or post war? I have an original tab that has the same backing material. Any help would be great. Thank you.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help - Collar Tabs   Need help - Collar Tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help - Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help - Collar Tabs

Hi Tom, not RAD as the colours are wrong. I think these are Heer? Cannot find them at the moment in my books....

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, thanks for the reply. Wasn't aware that the army used this style of collar tab. Possibly administrative? Cannot find it in any of my books either.
    Tom

Hi Tom, Admin/Sonderfuhrer/schools used this general style of tab. But I cannot, at present, id them positively. It will bug me now!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks again. I know what you mean, bugging me too. These are up for auction at a very low price, so would like to know for sure before I bid.
    Tom

Ade, found this on the web.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help - Collar Tabs 

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Tom, Admin/Sonderfuhrer/schools used this general style of tab. But I cannot, at present, id them positively. It will bug me now!

Cheers, Ade.
    Could they be forestry?

Those are indeed from the Heer (Army): They are M 1940 collar patches for Beamte auf Kriegsdauer (Officials for the duration of the war), i.e. the Army Officials' equivalent for Sonderführer.

These appear to be for officials of the gehobener Dienst und mittlerer Dienst im Offiziersrang (Elevated career and medium career with officer rank).

The differences were:

Beamte im Unteroffizierrang (Officials with NCO-rank) = grey collar patch with dark-green three-sided piping, grey woven Litze with dark-green, woven center-stripe.

Gehobener Dienst und mittlerer Dienst im Offizierrang (Elevated career and medium career with officer rank) = grey collar patch with dark-green three-sided piping, hand-embroidered aluminum Litze with dark-green center stripe made of cord or V-shaped embroidery

Höherer Dienst (high-grade career) = grey collar patch with dark-green three-sided piping, hand-embroidered gold Litze with gold center stripe made from single or double cord or V-shaped embroidery

Please see here for examples: Axis History Forum • Information

Thank you very much. Excellent info.
    Tom

Finally received them today. I take it these are the ones described as: Gehobener Dienst und mittlerer Dienst im Offizierrang (Elevated career and medium career with officer rank) = grey collar patch with dark-green three-sided piping, hand-embroidered aluminum Litze with dark-green center stripe made of cord or V-shaped embroidery
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help - Collar Tabs 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast