MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help Identify This HERMANN GORING Cuff Title

Article about: Hello, First, I would like to say that I am new to this site so please forgive any mistakes I may make. I work at an antique shop and my boss recently won this HERMANN GORING Cuff Title. The

Exclamation Need Help Identify This HERMANN GORING Cuff Title

Hello,

First, I would like to say that I am new to this site so please forgive any mistakes I may make. I work at an antique shop and my boss recently won this HERMANN GORING Cuff Title. The description on the auction site reads "Measures 18" wide by 1 3/8" tall. Machine embroidered grey thread on a dark blue wool backing. For an enlisted man. That is all the information I have. I have attempted to research the item, but come up with only similar items...nothing exactly like this one.
    I am looking to get more info on it, as well as an idea of what it is worth. We are going on a local talk show tomorrow and would like to take the item with us , so I need to be informed a little more prior to going! Thanks for all you help in advance. We have three other items I will be posting later this week. Need Help Identify This  HERMANN GORING Cuff TitleNeed Help Identify This  HERMANN GORING Cuff TitleNeed Help Identify This  HERMANN GORING Cuff Title

( I do not know how to rotate the photos!)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identify This  HERMANN GORING Cuff Title
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum. It's interesting to hear that you'll be taking some things on a talk show. I can't be of any help regarding authenticity, but I have flipped your images in order to help other members in doing so.

Need Help Identify This  HERMANN GORING Cuff TitleNeed Help Identify This  HERMANN GORING Cuff TitleNeed Help Identify This  HERMANN GORING Cuff Title

I wasn't aware these came in lower case font, what say others?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

me niether Ned.

It is not a version that I remember seeing before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Ive learned from this very forum that lower cased lettering is usually a dead give away that an item is a fake. Not to mention pretty much anything with Hermann Goring is faked I am interested in seeing what others think.

A quick search of the forum database (4 pages on this cuff title) reveals nothing genuine that resembles this piece.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree...The lower case font is striking...the connected letters, the overall "clumsiness" in the lettering, and the fact that it appears to have been produced yesterday are enough for me to consider this bogus...
    cheers, Glenn

?

I agree with others. Not good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast