Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with NSKK Crash Helmet personalization markings...

Article about: Hi all. This came in today and, though I was excited to buy it as-is, I didn't realize there were personalization markings on the underside of the liner so now I'm even more excited. I welco

?

Default Need help with NSKK Crash Helmet personalization markings...

Hi all. This came in today and, though I was excited to buy it as-is, I didn't realize there were personalization markings on the underside of the liner so now I'm even more excited. I welcome thoughts and opinions about the helmet in general (although I have little doubt about it's originality), but more importantly I'd like to know if any of the hand-written personalization means anything to the NSKK gurus here? I know little about the NSKK, so any help is appreciated.

As a sidenote, the leather condition looks worse than it really is. The photos do not do this one justice. What appears to be flaking is actually very stable.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with NSKK Crash Helmet personalization markings...
    P
    Many

Very nice.

The inscription is a bonus addition. Looks like the owners name then his unit and unit honour title. Sorry I have no info on NSKK units. I suspect Wim will be your man on this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Can't read the number behind the slash. but the Ho abbreviation says it is Hochland.
    To me it seems not to be NSKK, but Motor-SA. With the NSKK the M is behind the slash.
    I have no honor-name "Adolf Audert" listed.

Is the indication really done in ink?

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Can't read the number behind the slash....Is the indication really done in ink?
    Hi Wilhelm. Thanks for the response! I shot a better photo of the numbers. The inscription appears to be exactly as I've typed below, including the baseline quotes...

H. Trampler 14M/8˚,, ,, Adolf Audert ''
    To me, under good lighting the last two letters of Adolf's last name may be "vl", "rl", or even "vt"

I don't believe the inscription is in ink. Based on my eyes, and good lighting, it almost appears to have been burned into the leather. The letters and numbers are not sitting on the surface, they're slightly recessed into the leather and throw off a slight glare when viewed at an angle under good lighting. You can see the glare I'm referring to in the photo below. All of the words/numbers have the same properties (same color, depth, glare, etc), so I have no doubt they were all applied in the same manner, and at or around the same time.

What are your thoughts on the "H. Trampler" in the inscription? Is that a name or a handle?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

Can't find a Standarte (SA) with an 8 in Hochland, just brigade-numbers, having the numbers 84, 85 and 86.
    But after the slash never the brigade number was included.

Within the NSKK the Standarte-numbers 84, 85, 86 did exist, but if the helmet was worn by NSKK then the
    letter and number-combinations are not correct!

The name is Audert. What looks as a v is in fact an r.

nice helmet.

?

Wilhelm, so what is your conclusion - that the letter/number combination inscribed into the leather simply aren't in the records you have access to? I suppose it is possible that what we see following the number "8" simply wasn't inscribed deeply enough into the leather and wore away over the years. That would explain what appears to be a degree symbol ( ˚ ) followed by two commas, which by themselves don't make a lot of sense. I'm not too concerned if we cannot trace her roots, she's a nice helmet regardless.

Another question... I assume since you think this one is SA and not NSKK, this is a very early type crash helmet? Are they harder to come by than the later versions?

I beg to differ on the unit title. Note how differently the first letters of the first name and surname are written... I think the initial of the surname is actually an "R", making the name "Adolf Rudert".

(Anyway, I have never heard the surname "Audert", whereas the name "Rudert" definitely exists.)

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I beg to differ on the unit title. Note how differently the first letters of the first name and surname are written... I think the initial of the surname is actually an "R", making the name "Adolf Rudert"
    Ah, very good eye! I think you are correct.

?

Wilhelm, what do you think about HPL2008's comment about the name possibly being "Rudert"? Do you see an Adolf Rudert?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast