Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newest vet org armband with pin

Article about: by lach470 No worries, my friend! It's unfortunate - but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there regarding these organizations and the uniforms that they wore! If you d

Default Newest vet org armband with pin

Hey gang....Here's my newest one that came in today. It's a nice officer model armband and a variant that I did not yet have. Happy to have it added to the collection of 'bands for sure. Came with a nice little stick pin as well that I added.....Sorry if some of the pics are blurry - I was trying a different setting on the camera in bad light.

Here are some pics!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newest vet org armband with pin   Newest vet org armband with pin  

Newest vet org armband with pin   Newest vet org armband with pin  

Attached Images Attached Images Newest vet org armband with pin  Newest vet org armband with pin 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newest vet org armband with pin
    P
    Many

Default Re: Newest vet org armband with pin

Few more pics of the 'band with its "kin"....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newest vet org armband with pin   Newest vet org armband with pin  

Newest vet org armband with pin   Newest vet org armband with pin  

Forgot to mention that the back of the armband has been "customized" by it's owner. Looks like it was too small so the owner "extended" the girth by adding some black material. I've seen this done before and I also have an SS armband that has the same thing done to it! I think it's cool....
    Cheers!
    Rob

Hal
    ?

Hi Rob, I like the center stripe variants in your collection,a nice display. Thanks for showing, Hal

?

congrat`s rob , it looks great

cheers Al

Thanks guys! Glad you like 'em! Took a while to just get these...but I'm always on the lookout for more variants!

Rob

Hi Rob

Great looking collection

For learners like me what is that variant? Looks unusual.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick....the bands or stripes represented rank. I think the gold stripe was used on senior officers and the silver stripe on junior officers. There were a lot of variants though from district to district...some had thicker stripes or thinner stripes. Some had multiple stripes whereas some didn't. With these vet orgs not strictly regulated, there were a lot of different armbands used.
    Hope that helps a little!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Quote by lach470 View Post
    Hi Nick....the bands or stripes represented rank. I think the gold stripe was used on senior officers and the silver stripe on junior officers. There were a lot of variants though from district to district...some had thicker stripes or thinner stripes. Some had multiple stripes whereas some didn't. With these vet orgs not strictly regulated, there were a lot of different armbands used.
    Hope that helps a little!
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Thanks Rob

I think this is an area I need to do some more research
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No worries, my friend! It's unfortunate - but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there regarding these organizations and the uniforms that they wore! If you do hit paydirt - please let us know!
    Cheers!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast