Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NS Studentenbund armband , purchased today , goodun or badun?.

Article about: Purchased this armband today on the condition that if it was not original i would take the item back for a refund. It is a printed type , i thought these might have been late war period. Hop

?

Default NS Studentenbund armband , purchased today , goodun or badun?.

Purchased this armband today on the condition that if it was not original i would take the item back for a refund. It is a printed type , i thought these might have been late war period. Hope it turns out to be ok , there is discoloration and it is not as white as the camera has portrayed it to be. Do you chaps think it is an ok one?.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2195.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	677034

Name:	DSCF2197.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	677033

Name:	DSCF2196.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	677035

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Any thoughts on this one chaps , i'm starting to get that horrible sinking feeling .

I honestly do not like it, for something that is nearly 70 years old? Anyway the stitching does not look period JMO for what it's worth (probably nothing )

Hi ,many many years ago I had a similar " stretched diamond" design armband. At the time they were considered fake , but then after research were found to be genuine very late war items. All that said , this one does not look the same as my memory serves me. The stitching to the edges is very messy and the white bands appear thicker. Also the one I had was "stamped" inside with some district mark. I am not saying I am 100% sure this is wrong ,but from what I have owned and remember I would not be comfortable with this one. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

?

Gutter . Oh well looks like a 44 quid refund then. Was from a trusted military dealer too.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi ,many many years ago I had a similar " stretched diamond" design armband. At the time they were considered fake , but then after research were found to be genuine very late war items. All that said , this one does not look the same as my memory serves me. The stitching to the edges is very messy and the white bands appear thicker. Also the one I had was "stamped" inside with some district mark. I am not saying I am 100% sure this is wrong ,but from what I have owned and remember I would not be comfortable with this one. Leon.
    Thanks Leon , the armband has a frousty smell to it and in the hand it looks faded and worn , as mentioned the pictures do brighten it up a lot due to the light. But However if the stitching doesn't look right then i guess it is a doomed item. I was aware of the 2 piece construction armbands and much like yourself thought this type was a late war item. Oh well Looks like a trip back to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks for your input Leon much respected.

Before you "pull the trigger" Stuart, wait and see if Bob responds, he knows far more than me, at least

?

Ok John but You chaps know your stuff and i am on the mere stepping stone the beginning of it all , so i have no doubt that if you chaps think something is not good then it is not good . Without all your superb input i wouldn't have a collection at all.
    It is just that feeling you get when something is sold as original but turns out to be a bust , i've yet to be able to swallow that pill yet but at least i know i can at least get my dosh back on this one. So i have to give the dealer credit there. Really Appreciate everything chaps.

?

This looks like the same style, described as a reproduction:

Reproduction NS-Studentenbund armband

?

Cheers Erno , back to the dealers shop tomorrow. I will look for 2 piece construction armbands of this type in the future.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast