Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP armband

Article about: Hi guys I am new to collecting WW2 German items and recently purchased this NSDAP armband from the collector's guild (I am aware that they are reputable dealers and want to stick with them b

?

Default NSDAP armband

Hi guys

I am new to collecting WW2 German items and recently purchased this NSDAP armband from the collector's guild (I am aware that they are reputable dealers and want to stick with them before I gain more knowledge on what to look out for with fakes). From my little knowledge, the printed versions of the NSDAP armband were mostly produced during the late-war period and majority of collectors wish to stay away from them due to them being heavily reproduced. However, thought I'd take a chance with this one. What do you guys think of it? Apologies about the images, they are not uploading the correct way around.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP armband   NSDAP armband  

NSDAP armband   NSDAP armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP armband
    P
    Many

You could try the flame test on one of those threads to see if it's synthetic. I bought one very similar in the early 1970's that I always considered to be a reproduction, primarily as it was screen printed. But now I'm not so sure. It's possible cheaper produced non RZM arm bands were produced for mass events like parades. Also in the Third Reich occupied countries where locals became Nazi supporters the production of arm bands seems likely.