Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK armband

Article about: Hello there, this is my first post to this forum. I'd like to get some help and opinions on this armband i recently purchased. Has anyone ever seen one like this before? What can you tell me

?

Default NSFK armband

Hello there, this is my first post to this forum. I'd like to get some help and opinions on this armband i recently purchased. Has anyone ever seen one like this before? What can you tell me about it? THANKS FOR ALL HELP!! CHEERS!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK armband   NSFK armband  

NSFK armband   NSFK armband  

NSFK armband   NSFK armband  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSFK armband

looks fine to me,....

?

What can you tell me about this armband militarymania? I picked it up at the houston gun show this weekend...

An interesting and unusual item. Frankly, I have never seen another in my many years of collecting. I know that this can not be used as definite reason to question originality. I have mixed feelings on the piece. The wool base looks slightly courser than that used on period armbands. The insignia is not difficult to come by. It could have been used by an NSFK member for wear with civilian clothing. Odd and interesting item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I totally understand your concerns. I black lighted it earlier today, and to my surprise, nothing glowed. I checked the threading also and it didn't glow a bit. I can't find anything on the web of an armband like this so I know nothing about it besides that it is nsfk. anything helps, thanks for the post.

The black light test is a good tool but is not infallible. Todays fakers have learned to use materials that do not glow. After 66 years, there is still much for us to learn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I agree. The pictures don't show it as well, but the armband does have a fair bit of soiling. Just asking, but what kind of price would one of these go for, if the fact is that it's real?

?

Has anyone else seen one of these before?

?

If you don't mind, can you elaborate on your previous comment? thanks!-BT

Quote by BigT View Post
    Has anyone else seen one of these before?
    I have a patch off a flag. it looks ok, sorry I don't have pics, but I got it from Pammy it is in a frame now, but like I said it looks ok ,but I'm no expert. maybe she still has pic's of it.
    regards Marty