Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Badge - Worth Looking at?

Article about: G'day all, An upcoming auction in my area. Out of my area of collecting and probably a forgery but always worth an ask! Apologies, I know the photos are garbage. Perhaps something obvious? T

Default NSKK Badge - Worth Looking at?

G'day all,
    An upcoming auction in my area. Out of my area of collecting and probably a forgery but always worth an ask!
    Apologies, I know the photos are garbage. Perhaps something obvious? Thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Badge - Worth Looking at?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Badge - Worth Looking at?
    P
    Many

A pricey little badge, but it looks like a repro to me. Here is a real one at the Collector's Guild to compare it to. The Collector's Guild

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks again William. When contrasted, the craftsmanship on the badge you posted is outstanding and not at all comparable to the one in my photo. Cheers

Your auction house need some new employees

They ain't got "Bargain" in the title for nuthin' you know.....???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Your auction house need some new employees
    I find it interesting that they have a few very similar items such as this in every auction and so far every single one has been a fake! As 99 percent of their stuff is non-militaria related, I wonder if they have a big box of fakes and they pull out a little bit every auction. They always sell though, quite sad really.

it might be a bad pic,worth a small bid I think.

?

I wouldn't have it if it was given to me.

Default A better Photo

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    it might be a bad pic,worth a small bid I think.
    I noticed the detail in person was a little better than in the original pic I was sent. I took your advice and bid very small.
    I won it so here it is in better detail. Certainly not expecting any different news as the knowledge here is incredible! Still worth a look. Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Badge - Worth Looking at?   NSKK Badge - Worth Looking at?  

Hmm...it may actually Be a period badge, but it is still missing it's back plate and mounting pin. A shame, as they are a fairly scarce and not cheap little badge when intact.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 07-24-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast