Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NSKK Crash Helmet, Genuine?

Article about: Hey guys, i have been offered this NSKK crash helmet after it got removed from ebay, i would very much like to own it to put it onto my mannequin. Anyway after comparing it to some known ori

Default NSKK Crash Helmet, Genuine?

Hey guys, i have been offered this NSKK crash helmet after it got removed from ebay, i would very much like to own it to put it onto my mannequin. Anyway after comparing it to some known original examples, should i be concerned that there are no vent holes on this example?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	348881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	348882  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	348883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	348884  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSKK Crash Helmet, Genuine?

I would be concerned if it did not have a RZM label and possibly a unit property stamp. Most NSKK member used unit helmets which would be identified by an eigentum stamp. Period civilian sturzhelm are identical in form to the standard NSKK piece. A few years ago, a European dealer bought up as many loose eagles as he could find as he had a cache of civilian helmets which he transformed in to NSKK helmets.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I also noticed that the pad in the top of the helmet is also not present.
    BOB

Hey Bob, the seller says that he has little knowledge about this item, although he describes it as being a "1937 Motorcycle Helmet" so there must be a stamp inside it somewhere for him to know how to date it this and i will try and get some more pics.
    Thanks, Glen.

How is it that that the seller knows it is from 1937, sees there is a Swastika on it, and doesn't even know it is from WW2? Some other examples, such as the totenkopf badges I came across are understandable, but this is just plain obvious.

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    How is it that that the seller knows it is from 1937, sees there is a Swastika on it, and doesn't even know it is from WW2? Some other examples, such as the totenkopf badges I came across are understandable, but this is just plain obvious.
    Because there may be a stamp on it, some stamps have dates on them, for example quite a few DAK pith helmets have dates stamped inside the lining of the helmet. But it isn't from WW2 exactly as it is the first pattern NSKK crash helmet which i believe was manufactured before WW2.
    Thanks, Glen.

Ah, I forgot it was a first pattern one. Either way, he should have done some more research on it. Did he mention the word "German" or "Nazi" by chance?

I have owned many NSKK sturzhelm over the years and NEVER found one with a date stamp. The "I have little knowledge" ploy is common among fraudsters. No RZM tag-no purchase. A very early helmet might not have a RZM tag. 1937-no way!
    BOB

I have sent the seller an email regarding how he knows the year and I will let you all know what he has to say. Anyway I am sure that he did describe it as "Nazi" or "German" although I am not sure what you are getting at? :/
    Thanks, Glen.

I'm thinking that Bob has it pretty much dead-on here with this one. A converted civilian helmet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast