Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Driver diamond with label

Article about: I have an early version with white piping and the actually metal spoked wheel attached to the diamond .. I do not have acres at the moment of my collection but will post it later.

Default NSKK Driver diamond with label

Recently received this diamond shaped patch. It has some fraying on one corner. It was taped in a scrap book so some residue on it. The label on back is in 85%. What would this be for and where would it be worn? Is it military or civil?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Driver diamond with label   NSKK Driver diamond with label  

NSKK Driver diamond with label  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Driver diamond with label
    P
    Many

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Why do you think that this piece looks good?

I believe it is a reproduction and came from the same lot of insignia that I posted here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...signia-290075/

One of the things that makes me believe that this is a reproduction is faint line going around the outside of the wheel.

Fred

Hi Fred, the eagles feet are very different to the one shown in the fake thread if I am comparing the right one, the red/white background one.

I had one of these about 35 years ago. One of the very few items I have ever sold, so no pics now. It looks OK to me.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I dug through my box of fakes and pulled the HJ Drivers patch out. Please compare the wings, spokes, and head. If you circle your eyes around the wagon wheel you can see the faint line I alluded to on the NSKK one.NSKK Driver diamond with label

The wear on the NSKK one seems contrived to. Unworn but extreme wear on one side. Both wings but not the main body or swastika. With this much wear you would think that the RZM tag would have caught the same amount. The only thing on that tag is a torn corner and a cancellation punch hole.

Fred

Fred Green
    ?

Hello Ade,

On second thought , I believe you are correct. The feet, and spokes are definitely different and better formed. The head, wings and body are nearly identical. I do not have a repro of the NSKK one so I can only compare it with the HJ one I have
    I still do not like the wear on this patch. For an unworn patch the front has way too much wear compared to the back.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello Ade,

On second thought , I believe you are correct. The feet, and spokes are definitely different and better formed. The head, wings and body are nearly identical. I do not have a repro of the NSKK one so I can only compare it with the HJ one I have
    I still do not like the wear on this patch. For an unworn patch the front has way too much wear compared to the back.

Fred
    it had adhesive tape across it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Driver diamond with label  

here we see a pair of uniform removed originals

in all my time looking the black nskk diamond are different to the hj diamond version
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Driver diamond with label   NSKK Driver diamond with label  

I must agree with Ade. I have a number of these and everything is correct down to the "A" label RZM tag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Agree with Ade and Bob nice original NSKK patch-

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

As we all got in the discussion of the authenticity of this piece, we never answered your question as to what it is. It is a qualified driver's badge worn by members of the Motor SA, Motor SS and the NSKK.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast