Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK/HJ Brown Shirt

Article about: Hello everyone, I just purchased this shirt and of course I'd very much appreciate your input and honest opinions on it?

Default NSKK/HJ Brown Shirt

Hello everyone, I just purchased this shirt and of course I'd very much appreciate your input and honest opinions on it?

NSKK/HJ Brown ShirtNSKK/HJ Brown ShirtNSKK/HJ Brown ShirtNSKK/HJ Brown Shirt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK/HJ Brown Shirt
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSKK/HJ Brown Shirt

I do not like the collar tabs. The collar is also missing the piping which would be black for other ranks. The shoulder strap underlay color does not appear to match the pink collar tab colors. An original shirt likely post war assembled.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I do not like the collar tabs. The collar is also missing the piping which would be black for other ranks. The shoulder strap underlay color does not appear to match the pink collar tab colors. An original shirt likely post war assembled.
    Thanks for the response Bob. I've ordered the book NSKK/NSFK by Angolia/Littlejohn in order to hopefully avoid such mishaps going forward.

The seller has told me that this is a tunic for a NSKK scharfuhrer and that his pink tabs indicate he had a staff assignment but still that doesn't explain the lack of collar piping.

Bummer, I've sent a couple messages to him with links to these posts but I haven't received a response yet. I did pay him via Paypal so I can file a claim if necessary.

I just received this message from the seller.

Hallo Rob,ich verstehe nicht, wo das Problem ist, bei dieser Jacke handelt es sich um ein 100 % Original, außerdem habe ich das Paket heute verschickt . Ich bin eine ehrlicher Geschäftsmann und kein Betrüger und du wirst, wenn die die Jacke siehst das selbst erkennen.
    MFG
    L.Scherer

I have sent him a link to this forum and explained the issues I've been informed of. I told him I'd prefer to work this out amicably but if necessary I'll file a claim via Paypal.

NSKK/HJ Brown ShirtNSKK/HJ Brown ShirtRob-
    Pink is a color used by SA Gruppe but not NSKK Motorgruppe. Carmine was used for certain NSKK Motorobergruppen. The color of these NSKK tabs indicate the carmine color.
    BOB

Im not liking much on this shirt ( tabs, boards, stitching). As bob said most probably post war assembled.
    Morris

I just received another reply from the seller who resides in Münster citing the Organizational Book of the NSDAP and indicating that the collar tabs on this shirt are correct for a NSKK Korpsfurung Scharführer.

NSKK/HJ Brown Shirt

Of course this man stridently assures me that this shirt is original and in accordance with regulations for a Sargent attached to the Korpsfurung.

Curious how the questionable collar tabs match identically to the ones in the book! The color and size both appear to be off from that of original period tabs. The underlay color on the shoulder strap appears to be bordeaux, not carmine. I have yet to ever meet a seller of fakes who ever admits the item is bad. If it were mine, I would return it for a refund. The sleeve eagle is genuine but they are very common. This is likely a stripped SA brownshirt from wartime that did not have any collar piping. Is there a RZM tag?
    BOB

It is ridiculous to see a Hitler Jugend driver's badge on the shirt of a scarfuhrer attached to the High Command of the NSKK. The collar tabs appear to have been copied from the Handbuch illustration even down to matching the color incorrectly. I see you posted this at WAF and received similar but not as detailed replies. What do you think you bought at this point? The price you paid is about one third the value of a genuine shirt from the NSKK High Command.
    BOB