Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

NSKK patch?

Article about: Hello, I recently bought a NSKK patch, that I'm not sure is real or not. It was such a low price, and I'd never seen one before, it was worth the risk. It is a white patch, with a black NSKK

Default NSKK patch?

Hello,

I recently bought a NSKK patch, that I'm not sure is real or not. It was such a low price, and I'd never seen one before, it was worth the risk. It is a white patch, with a black NSKK logo on it, of the eagle clutching a swastika, underneath the letters NSKK on what looks like a scroll. There are black rings around the edges of the patch.

Any ideas of whether it is real or not? I will try to get a picture up later today.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK patch?
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSKK patch?

Without a picture, who knows?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well it wont let me upload my pics for some reason, so here's the links to the image hosting site I use. May take 24 hours (not sure) before the pictures are viewable by the public.

By the way, forgot to mention. The patch is not mounted or attached to the red backing, the red part is only there to give a contrast to the background I use for photography.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/booge...nskk_front.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/booge.../nskk_back.jpg

Here they are:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK patch?   NSKK patch?  

Thank you!

You're welcome. I'm really in no place to comment since I just, today, bought a fake patch myself.
    If you are like me and don't have much experience with patches, I suggest try running it under a black light. If it glows it is most likely fake. Another way is to smell it, 65 year old cloth has a distinctive smell. Also burning a piece of thread from the patch is a sure fire way to tell (no pun intended) how old the cloth is. Perhaps I should have followed my own advice..

It is an interesting piece that does not match any known period designs. I would not consider this to be a period original piece. In my opinion, another product from the 4th Reich
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I also would suggest this is a modern fake, with the basic design being lifted from the NSKK Motor pennant. But these were embroidered, not screen printed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Interesting, that it is hand cut out of, presumably, a flag or some such piece. I still would not trust it, however. I definitely do not like the running of the ink. I have never been a fan of stamped cloth items-they're too simple to produce. I would have to give it a pass, in my opinion. Sorry.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    You're welcome. I'm really in no place to comment since I just, today, bought a fake patch myself.
    If you are like me and don't have much experience with patches, I suggest try running it under a black light. If it glows it is most likely fake. Another way is to smell it, 65 year old cloth has a distinctive smell. Also burning a piece of thread from the patch is a sure fire way to tell (no pun intended) how old the cloth is. Perhaps I should have followed my own advice..
    It does happen from time to time.
    I have heard about the blacklight being a good way to test, but could not find a blacklight around here for sale. Wil keep looking for one, for sure.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It is an interesting piece that does not match any known period designs. I would not consider this to be a period original piece. In my opinion, another product from the 4th Reich
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I also would suggest this is a modern fake, with the basic design being lifted from the NSKK Motor pennant. But these were embroidered, not screen printed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes, I have seen those. Just wasn't sure about this one.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Interesting, that it is hand cut out of, presumably, a flag or some such piece. I still would not trust it, however. I definitely do not like the running of the ink. I have never been a fan of stamped cloth items-they're too simple to produce. I would have to give it a pass, in my opinion. Sorry.
    Thank you all though! Much appreciated for the help. I will keep it around, but I will consider it to be a fake. I had my suspicions, but the price was low enough to be worth the risk.