Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nskk shirt - litze on unit c'tab

Article about: Unissued with mint insignia (save for the wool, multipiece armband which has a little wear.) another forum says prob'ly postwar add-ons and anyway the shirt's sa. But i'd guess there were cr

?

Default Nskk shirt - litze on unit c'tab

Unissued with mint insignia (save for the wool, multipiece armband which has a little wear.) another forum says prob'ly postwar add-ons and anyway the shirt's sa. But i'd guess there were crossovers between the 2 orgs. As the shirts (and especially the black breeches) were near-identical.

Also, seems the button marks indicate this shirt is early, the insignia later. Again, by no means unknown in the hobby (or in pix), but still...

What say you fellows? Thanks for looking, i'd be especially happy for a quick reax!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk shirt - litze on unit c'tab   Nskk shirt - litze on unit c'tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nskk shirt - litze on unit c'tab
    P
    Many

Motor Standarte 60 was based Ulzen, part of Motorgruppe Niedrsachsen. The shoulder strap piping for this Gruppe is dark brown which is not the color this strap appears to be. This is an unissued shirt with an incorrect unit tab added to complete the set.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

After rereading your post, a brown shirt should have a cotton armband not wool. The black piping on the shirt indicates this shirt was NSKK and not intended for SA usage. I would have no problem with an SA label in the shirt as I have had several NSKK shirts with SA RZM tags.
    BOB

?

many thanks and all good things to you, bob!

by the way, about that litze on the unit tab (versus the correct metal bar), just a fluke or someone trying to further 'improve' the shirt? finally, how rare to find one of these in a big size? I'm 6'4", 200 and it fits me fine. all best, dw

?

if it helps here's a foto made in natural light (open shade). and I just noticed the 'strap piping near the shoulder seam has come a bit undone. since the shirt's unissued that seems more evidence of postwar fiddling, would you guys agree?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nskk shirt - litze on unit c'tab  

The unit tab is put together and they substituted this cloth litze. Due to the large size, this is likely the reason the shirt is unissued. An unissued shirt would never have a unit designation tab attached.
    BOB

?

thanks for the extra info, bob.

?

so, since I'll probably sell it, best yank the insignia, sell ev'thing separately? what's the shirt worth? again thanks for all inputs.

Quote by vady View Post
    so, since I'll probably sell it, best yank the insignia, sell ev'thing separately? what's the shirt worth? again thanks for all inputs.
    Hi Vady-
    The forum has a policy of not being an appraisal service so I would suggest finding shirts and insignia on dealer's sites and take it from there.
    BOB

?

sorry I forgot, bob. apologies to one & all. dw

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast