Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please

Article about: Hello All, Can I please get opinions on this table medal? It appears to be made of brass, is very tarnished and fairly heavy in weight. It appears crudely made and as you can see from the ph

ETF
    ?

Default NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please

Hello All,

Can I please get opinions on this table medal? It appears to be made of brass, is very tarnished and fairly heavy in weight. It appears crudely made and as you can see from the photos the details are very poor.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Ed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please   NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please  

NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please   NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please

ED- looks like a period NSFK Westdeutscher Rundflug award that was probably in the ground and got some wear and tear - you can still see the manufacturers logo on the reverse.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Hi is this the one that was on ebay at the weekend?
    I did a bit of research on these at the weekend, and this one does look very crude, It may be ground dug like Horst says.
    Going out on a limb here but I would say its cast. Strange blob in the middle back.
    theres one on veteransfootlocker.
    Rod
    Last edited by plumbob; 03-19-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: copyright

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Hi is this the one that was on ebay at the weekend?
    I did a bit of research on these at the weekend, and this one does look very crude, It may be ground dug like Horst says.
    Going out on a limb here but I would say its cast. Strange blob in the middle back.
    theres one on veteransfootlocker.
    Rod
    I think i agree with you, it's very crude compared to the one you posted!...

ETF
    ?

I believe it is cast. Could this have been made as a desk paper weight? I have never seen one that looks as crude as this. I'm hoping it is period but just worn from poor storage or being in the ground. It's fairly heavy in weight. You can see the yellowish color (brass?) where the tarnish has worn off.

Ed

This is a very poor quality sand casting and has nothing to do with being in the ground (unless it was put in the ground to attempt some sort of ageing process)
    The bubbly lumps on the front look to be caused by the poor quality sand used in the mould and the very crude vent / pouring spiggot that has been roughly ground off and the other areas of grinding just seem to indicate more and more the fact that it is an awful production.
    More than likely worth it's weight in scrap brass but nothing else in my opinion.
    Hope this helps
    All the best

ETF
    ?

Thanks for your comments Saladin. I believe that your assessment is accurate. It is very, very crude. Your feedback is very helpful.

Ed

NSKK Table Medal - Opinions Please
    This is what it should look like, sorry about the blacked out swastika as it's from a German site!..

ETF
    ?

Thanks for posting the photo Gunny. No worries about the swastika... I'm aware of the law in Germany. Beautiful detail on the medal. The one I show above came with a 33 item lot that I bought on an "on line" auction. I was interested in other pieces in the lot and this was a "peripheral" piece that came with the lot. It looked very rough in the photos from the auction but I was hoping for he best. I didn't take it into account when I made my bid because as I suspected the piece was not a good one from the pics.

Regards,
    Ed

Hi, i think it was a bad copy, maybe a new poish produktion. They are produce a lot of those things. I saw a lot of those in the last years.
    Stefan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast