Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NSKOV Membership Stickpins, WW1 Veterans welfare. Real or Fake Reproduction?

Article about: I purchased these two NS-RKB stickpins from a local dealer, he said that they were original, and I believe them to be as well upon cross examination with online photos. There's always doubts

Default NS-RKB Membership Stickpins, WW1 Veterans welfare. Real or Fake Reproduction?

I purchased these two NS-RKB stickpins from a local dealer, he said that they were original, and I believe them to be as well upon cross examination with online photos. There's always doubts in my mind though, with all the reproductions out there with Nazi Germany items. I love collecting them, but I'm definitely not an expert and still fairly new to it.

Does anyone have some information on these two pieces? I hope I didn't get burned (as that happens too often to people), but I'm fairly confident they are genuine (knock on wood!)

Here is an album of photos I uploaded: NSKOV Membership Stickpins - Imgur

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKOV Membership Stickpins, WW1 Veterans welfare. Real or Fake Reproduction?  
    Last edited by RailwayEagle; 03-23-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Misinformation

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKOV Membership Stickpins, WW1 Veterans welfare. Real or Fake Reproduction?
    P
    Many

I cannot comment on authenticity, but I can tell you that they are not membership badges for the NSKOV, but the NS-RKB.

Thank you for the reply, that piece of information certainly helps a lot. I got the NSKOV from this website: NSKOV Membership Stickpin Which appears identical to my #7.

I thought that dealer looked reputable, maybe he just made a mistake.

After doing much comparing to ones online, I'm 99% sure these are original. The pins are made of brass, not magnetic, the knurling count is identical, and I haven't been able to locate any known reproductions of these (although I'm sure they exist since companies reproduce everything without regulation). They have a lot of good detail under magnification, no chrome plating or anything of the sort. A lot of the reproduction stickpins I've seen are of the typical Nazi eagle with stainless steel stickpins, no knurling.

The one from this thread is the same as my #6 stickpin: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...ick-pin-20586/

Thank you for the information. I got the NSKOV from an identical item on GERMANWARBOOTY.COM...Authentic Militaria He seems like a reputable dealer, but it's hard to tell these days.

I did some more research, found more pictures of confirmed originals on this forum, and everything checks out as far as I can tell. Brass pin, not magnetic, knurling is identical. Found both #6 and #7, Ges Gesch font matches perfect between the two. I'm sure this item has been reproduced, but as yet I've been unable to find any known reproductions. Seems like the most reproduced thing out there is the NSDAP membership badges, and there is a good amount of information out there regarding those.

its good.