Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Nürnberg 1929 Reichsparteitage der NSDAP

Article about: An "Ehrenzeichen" of course and hopefully Forum members will add to this post by other examples. Regards, David

Dear Matt

Many thanks for your input in keeping this thread moving, however I am now down to my last pin.

"Bronze" GES GESCH with no makers marks, although it probably once had a makers sticky label attached, with no prizes as to who that was.

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1929 3.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	784521  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Reverse
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1929 4.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	784522  

Another very educational thread with lots of nice examples shown --- thanks guys! I have been looking at this particular rpt badge for a while now, I may just be getting myself one this year... and thanks to this thread I feel a lot better prepared going after a genuine example!

Quote by David North View Post
    "Bronze" GES GESCH with no makers marks, although it probably once had a makers sticky label attached, with no prizes as to who that was.
    I think we know who the maker of your pin was. What is unclear is the finish of it. Typically the chocolate bronze coating (and protective lacquer) was only applied to the front of the bronze grade pins but yours is nearly evenly covered. Reminds me of some pieces I got in the past from households where lots of tobacco was used. Is that perhaps what we're looking at in this case?

cheers

Matt

Another bronze. This one rather pale shade of it.

Followed by two silvers. One in tombak, other one in nickel silver. Both unmarked if memory serves. For some reason nickel base seem to accept the frosting differently on those- it stays almost milky white in contrast with silver colored details, while the tombak ones take on more uniform silver appearance. On the other hand tombak shows more depth in contrast with smoked shadow effects in lower spots against highlights.

Sorry about poor pics, being away I can only use what I have on my comp.

cheers

Matt

This is the contrast between white frosting and nickel silver base I mentioned.
    Pic credit- WAF.

cheers

Matt

Newest and smallest addition to the '29 family- chain miniature. Same size as the tombak stickpin version but in silver.

cheers

Matt

And most likely one of the rarest as well.

Is mine any good, it came with a political uniform I aquired

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	969223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	969224  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast