Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nurnberg Tinnie & Der Stalhelm Stickpin

Article about: I just got these excellent pins in the mail today and I wanted to share the photo's. The Nurnberg tinnie / stickpin has nice crisp detail and reads "Only Unity is Strength." The De

?

Default Nurnberg Tinnie & Der Stalhelm Stickpin

I just got these excellent pins in the mail today and I wanted to share the photo's. The Nurnberg tinnie / stickpin has nice crisp detail and reads "Only Unity is Strength." The Der Stalhelm pinback is the standard pin worn by members of this Veteran's organiztion. I generally prefer any type of tinnie or pin that depicts a helmet like these do. Enjoy, Al.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nurnberg Tinnie & Der Stalhelm Stickpin
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nurnberg Tinnie & Der Stalhelm Stickpin

Nice ones mate, the Nürnberg has a Tieste classifications of T33-05b (for brass, 05a for silver), and the Stahlhelm piece is not listed, which leads me to believe it is pre-1930.

?

Quote by WHW Meister View Post
    Nice ones mate, the Nürnberg has a Tieste classifications of T33-05b (for brass, 05a for silver), and the Stahlhelm piece is not listed, which leads me to believe it is pre-1930.
    Hello, thanks for the info. I collect tinnies & pins based on subject matter & aesthetics. I'm not really sure what the Tieste classifications refer to . Can you elaborate ? I'd love to learn more about them in general. Here are few pics of some of my tinnies & pins. These have all been posted on previous threads and discussed in more detail. Posted here again for your enjoyment.

thanks, Al.

Hi Al

Reinhard Tieste is the acknowledged authority on tinnies and WHW items. He has published a number of most excellent reference books on the subjects, (of which I have all ). His current two volume works on tinnies lists 12,500 pieces, and his next editions are due in 2014, and will definitely list many more, possibly thousands more! He generally only covers the period 1930-1945, although he told me that he may either include pre-1930 tinnies in the next editions, or put out a separate volume to deal with them. I only have about 50 pre-1930 tinnies, but some go all the way back to 1877 The Tieste books can be expensive, but they are well worth the money if you are interested in collecting tinnies or WHW etc. The numbering system he uses goes like this: the first number is the year of tinnie release, and the second number is the order of release of that year of tinnie. As you may have noticed, sometimes there are ten or more tinnies for a particular year. Where the year of the tinnie is unknown, the first two numbers are 00. So your 1933 Nürnberg tinnie is 33-05b, signifying it is the 5th Nürnberg tinnie released in 1933, and b for brass, where the silver version is denoted 33-05a. Here are the two current Tieste tinnie editions:

Last edited by Troy Tempest; 10-04-2011 at 07:33 AM.

Here are his other publications, although volume one of the Gau series was not written by him, just published by him, and does contain some errors. He is planning on re-publishing his own edition to cover Gaus 1-10. He also only published, not wrote, the Türplaketten edition, although he does include a lot of Türplaketten in his WHW-RSS book.

WHW/KWHW-RSS

WHW-DJH/DRK etc

WHW-VDA

WHW-GAU 1-40

WHW-Türkplaketten

Last edited by Troy Tempest; 10-04-2011 at 07:38 AM.

?

Thanks for the extensive information. I had no idea there was a complete work of reference books on tinnies. I assumed that because of the vast variety of tinnies produced in the Third Reich it would be impossible to cover the subject matter properly. I assume they are all written in German text ? Thanks again, Al

Manion's actually had a pretty neat four volume series on tinnies, that covered over 2,000 IIRC that pre-dated Tieste's first effort. The first Tieste tinnie book was 1989, and included 1,800 tinnies, then 1991/4,000, 1994/6,100, 2002/9,090 then the two volumes from 2006/12,500 tinnies. As you can see each edition features about 50% more tinnies than the previous, so the 2014 volumes will be bound to have loads more! His books are in German, although the foward of the tinnies and Gau books have an English version. They are very easy to navigate and understand, and with the help of a good online translator, (I use IM translator), you can work everything out.