Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Odal Rune Armband Help

Article about: Andreas never ceases to amaze me with his inexhaustible data bases of facts! He even found Pictures of it in actual Use! Little wonder that he's a lifetime member! Great job of fact finding!

Default Odal Rune Armband Help

Just picked this up for a good price so I thought I would take a chance on it.
    It passes black light and burn test but I have never seen another like it.
    Looks like a youth diamond with the Odal Rune Any ideas fantasy or post use??

Eric

Odal Rune Armband HelpOdal Rune Armband HelpOdal Rune Armband HelpOdal Rune Armband HelpOdal Rune Armband HelpOdal Rune Armband Help
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odal Rune Armband Help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Odal Rune Armband Help

Anyone have a idea?

It is likely a fantasy piece as I have no idea what purpose it would serve.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The Odal Rune was used by the SS Race and Settlement Office as well as the 7th SS Freiwilligen Gebirgs Division "Prinz Eugen". Somehow,though, I doubt it has even Seen German soil much less been associated with either outfits. It was/is also used by the South African Student Federation/Afrikaner Student Federation, but not in a Triangle and in black,not blue, so that rules That out too. The Rune in most cases shows various small differences too. I am thinking that more likely than not, that Bob said it best first, that this is just a made-up thing for no actual groups. I can't imagine why it would be cheaply printed instead of a sewn insignia. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Did you blacklight it and/or burn test it?

Odal Rune Armband HelpOdal Rune Armband HelpYes I did black light and burn test GP here is what I got from BL TEST ON WHITE BED SHEET..

I know little about armbands, but it has no glow imo. Seems to be pretty old. Plus, I don't see why anyone would try to fake such a piece. I'm really interested to find out what's up with this item. I assume the burn test yielded ash, and not plastic like balls.

As you said only ash...

Eric

Hmmmm... IDK, but maybe it's a unique piece. Got me stumped!

I can't tell whether this one is original or not, but it is actualy not German, but French. This is a brassard for the Rassemblement National Populaire (R.N.P.), a French collaborationist party founded by Marcel Déat in February 1941.

It is actually upside down, by the way: This is not supposed to be an Odal-Rune, but a stylized letter "Gamma".

(Although the similiarity to an inverted Odal-Rune was probably quite deliberate.)

For examples of the symbol in use (including one showing the brassard), please see:

War 1939-1945. Talk about Marcel Déat during a congress of the R.N.P. Paris, room Lancry, in May, 1944. LAPI-24922
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6874/1141890097.jpg
    http://www.vertetplume.com/blog/wp-c...41-475x663.jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast