Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Officer Shoulder Board Opinions

Article about: Hi Guys, What are your opinions on this officers shoulder board? I know little about uniforms so have no idea about its originality sorry. Thanks, Dav

Dav
    ?

Default Officer Shoulder Board Opinions

Hi Guys,

What are your opinions on this officers shoulder board? I know little about uniforms so have no idea about its originality sorry. Thanks,

Dav
    Last edited by Dav; 01-14-2019 at 11:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer Shoulder Board Opinions
    P
    Many

Dav
    ?

From my quick search I think this is an Oberleutenant TSD Administrative officers shoulder board, with some weird upper pin swastika thing. I have no idea if the upper pin is original.

The upper device is the "Stalingrad cross" worn by the divisional staff of the 44. Infanteriedivision and all personnel of Grenadierregiment 134 and its replacement battalion.

It doesn't belong on this board and with its soft details looks fake to begin with.

Dav
    ?

I suspected the badge was fake due to the soft details, what are your opinions on the shoulder board itself? Thanks.

The board pip and TSD device are original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Please do not use outside photo hosting sites here. Your thread will become useless as a reference in the future.
    This thread will explain how to upload photos directly to your thread.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I need to learn so much about this hobby.

Dav
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The board pip and TSD device are original.
    Thank you for this information, are your opinions on the Stalingrad Cross the same as HPL's, I can get more photos if it's hazy but if it's an obvious fake then now worries. Eitherway HPL says it doesn't belong on the board so shouldn't matter either way.

- - ------- - -

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The upper device is the "Stalingrad cross" worn by the divisional staff of the 44. Infanteriedivision and all personnel of Grenadierregiment 134 and its replacement battalion.

It doesn't belong on this board and with its soft details looks fake to begin with.
    Out of curiosity, how do we know it doesn't belong on this board? Thanks.

Quote by Dav View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do we know it doesn't belong on this board?
    There cannot be two different branch/unit devices on one board and none was ever attached in that position (where it would actually get in the way of the button or a second rank pip.)

The caduceus, on the other hand, is in the correct position and matches the branch color.

Dav
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    There cannot be two different cyphers/symbols on one board and none was ever attached in that position.

The caduceus, on the other hand, is in the correct position and matches the branch color.
    Thank you for this information. Regarding the caduceus, how does it match the branch colour? I presume gold ones were for other branches, and this silver one was for the TSD administrative side of things? Also, is it certain that the Stalingrad cross is a fake, since I can if necessary get more pictures if it is not conclusive.

Thanks,

Dav

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast