Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

OMG!!! Auschwitz camp sign stolen

Article about: BBC News - Auschwitz death camp sign stolen How much will this go on the black market!!!!!!!??????????? Dan

?

Default Re: OMG!!! Auschwitz camp sign stolen

Quote by howard View Post
    A superb and iconic addition to any high end collection!.... And worth a fortune too!
    That may be but this is a straight forward theft from a historical commemoration site where millions lost their lives in the most brutal fashion !!!!!

Are you condoning this act ???
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OMG!!! Auschwitz camp sign stolen
    P
    Many

?

I'm with Paul E. on this one ! ...
    Using "superb" is a VERY "speculative" statement !

Gary J.

howard
    ?

OK. Lets be very clear about this......
    Auschwitz is truly the most real and sickening reminder of what we as a modern developed people are capable of perpetrating to our fellow man.
    For many people, this abomination was something unique to the "Nazis" and had they themselves lived under the swastika at that time would somehow have managed to exclude themselves from it.
    The very real truth of it is that we all of us are victims and are capable of perpetrating the very worst inhumanities towards our fellow man, and the simple trigger for this?....State induced fear, hatred and in turn, justification.
    Since it's liberation, Auschwitz has slowly become a holiday destination for those individuals with the very worst kind of self indulgent morbid curiosity who in turn want to be seen to greive for it's own sake.
    As for the sign above the gate.... None of its visitors will have any different emotions as they walk beneith a replica of it, as they did before it was stolen. They will still get their ghastly cheap little thrill!

Regards, Howard.

Auschwitz is truly the most real and sickening reminder of what we as a modern developed people are capable of perpetrating to our fellow man.
    For many people, this abomination was something unique to the "Nazis" and had they themselves lived under the swastika at that time would somehow have managed to exclude themselves from it.
    The very real truth of it is that we all of us are victims and are capable of perpetrating the very worst inhumanities towards our fellow man, and the simple trigger for this?....State induced fear, hatred and in turn, justification.
    Since it's liberation, Auschwitz has slowly become a holiday destination for those individuals with the very worst kind of self indulgent morbid curiosity who in turn want to be seen to greive for it's own sake.
    As for the sign above the gate.... None of its visitors will have any different emotions as they walk beneith a replica of it, as they did before it was stolen. They will still get their ghastly cheap little thrill!

Regards, Howard.

I'm absolutely gob smacked by this comment!! I'm litterally lost for words!

Howard, I for one find your remarks on this subject offensive,
    how dare you say it is a cheap little thrill to go and visit this most sacred of places. My son and i have planed a trip to auschwitz
    this next summer, I as a collector and as an individual visitor
    will not indulge myself in any type of morbid feelings in any way.
    It is an experience to go to these places and see for ones self
    the conditions and relics that are left. Not one person on this forum visits battlefields and whoops it up about how many soldiers ect died there.
    Dave.

Also Howard give us your thought on someone violating your families graves, ?. It might be funny.
    dave.

?

Regards, Howard.
    Are you serious !!! Moving away from what Auschwitz actually represents which is one of the most emotive subjects of any forum , you actually condone the Theft of property belonging to someone else on the lines of "it's alright they'll just put up a replica ".

To the other forum members please do not rise to this obvious bait and turn this into a slanging match i fear that this thread which was opened to pass on news of an act which unfortunately taints us all who carry out our interest will be closed in the near future.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Well said Dave! There's more I'd like to add, but I think I'll keep those thoughts to myself! I will say that I find Howards remarks utterly disgraceful, and truely offensive!

Lee

i Paul and lee,
    Im sorry if i sounded off a bit, but one thing sticks in my gut is
    ARROGANCE, I cant stand it. I have said my piece and hope he can reply.

Dave.

?

The Daily mail covering the story today pronounced that the Theft may have been committed by the " Shadowy Nazi memorabilia network ".

They are probably right in someways !!! But 99.99 % of collectors are not part of such a "shadowy" organisation and certainly i have to say that the 0.1 % who would condone this sort of thing are not welcome on the War Relics Forum.

1st July 1916

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast