Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions please!!

Article about: Hello all, I have a question that I hope someone could shed some light on. My question is more on the subject of the correct font used by W.Redo Saarlautern on DVG badges. Some would say the

Default Opinions please!!

Hello all,

I have a question that I hope someone could shed some light on. My question is more on the subject of the correct font used by W.Redo Saarlautern on DVG badges. Some would say the letters are tall and skinny while other argue short and fat is the correct font. Some say that the short and fat lettering was used during wartime. Anyone out there know the answer, please let me know. here is an image of both fonts.
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions please!!  Opinions please!! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions please!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions please!!

i dont believ ein any pin with that gold paint on the back many regular party pins that are repros have this.Id say teh fat and short.

see,,,fat and short is good,,,sometimes,,,

thanks guys!!!, I ended up buying the one with the short and fat lettering. I also agree that the gold patina didn't strike me as a real one. I knew I would get my answer here. I feel better about my purchase

Actually ive found that both versions are fine the period examples had sulatern written on them, the ones with 129 rzm number are the ones to worry about.
    The above one in gold may just be the flash but both examples are fine in my opinion.

Quote by wewelsburgss View Post
    Actually ive found that both versions are fine the period examples had sulatern written on them, the ones with 129 rzm number are the ones to worry about.
    The above one in gold may just be the flash but both examples are fine in my opinion.
    Thanks, something to consider, the only thing I could see different between the "real" and "fake" ones was the lettering in the front. I noticed that copies, sold as Reproductions had a different "M" and "G". I noticed that in the repro's the middle of the "M" is lower than others and the line in the middle of the "G" stops mid way while the "real" ones the middle line almost touches the curved side. Just something I noticed, could be wrong though.
    And anything 129, I stay far far away from already

Didnt know that,just researched them on teh WAF forum earlier today,yours looks solid.