Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinions on various smalls

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Thank you for pointing that out Jo. We all can make mistakes-EVEN YOU. Me most of all probably. :-)

Default opinions on various smalls

Hi all been a longtime follower of the WRF most helpful and info packed resource to novice collectors like myself THANKS! First time posting so i figured i d get some opinions on a few of the various odds and ends i ve collected in the past few years all opinions welcome good and bad. Thanks in advance!!opinions on various smallsopinions on various smallsopinions on various smallsopinions on various smallsopinions on various smallsopinions on various smalls

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on various smalls
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinions on various smalls

All look good except for the DJ Pin. Looks like a fake IMO

I agree. Everything is period original except for the DJ membership pin. It has the dreaded coffin shape pin attachment which is something never used in the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The small "Volkswagon" pin only came in plastic and in 4 different colors. They were made and profusely marked by F. Sieper and Sohne RZM M9/25. The metal ones are not genuine. The larger Mai 1939 "Volkswagon" pin shown also looks to have the coffin pin on the back. According to some, it Should have "Ges. Gesch" on the back and have a vertical style pin and hook catch on it. Others argue that it should have a horizontal pin set into a dished out oval. Either way, this one does Not look like either. Both of these pins are not good, in my opinion.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks so much for the replies guys! Exactly the type of information I'm seeking out. I was unaware until now of the "coffin" style pin retainer mechanisim that you have pointed out. Great info for a novice collector. My thinking was the youth shooting badge was a fake because of the condition? I haven t cleaned it, I purchased it that way ironically with the DJ pin at an estate sale. I'm still happy though I believe the most I have invested in any one of the examples is $40. So good news all around!

Bsiwula1

Nice little scoop of items there! The shooting badge with oaks is especially nice. I realize it's a pain in the butt, but can you post individual pics for some closeup views of your badges? Your Party badge is made by Richard Simm & Son M1/137. Any chance I can get you to post it in the Unofficial Party badge thread with it's own pics? Much appreciated.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Just to reiterate, to reinforce my fellow forum members, the DJ pin is definitely bad as are the VW pins. For the reasons already stated. Thanks for showing and posting!

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I agree. Everything is period original except for the DJ membership pin. It has the dreaded coffin shape pin attachment which is something never used in the period.
    Sorry Bob, you are wrong. There are at least 4 easy to recognize fakes here. (with red circles on them)

Thanks for all the replies guys! Can I ask for future reference what makes the shooting badge stand out as repro? I come across alot of stuff and in the future I d like to be able to discern good from bad? The coffin style attachment mech was killer info for someone new to the smalls! Excellent point! Thanks again!!

Brian

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Sorry Bob, you are wrong. There are at least 4 easy to recognize fakes here. (with red circles on them)
    Thank you for pointing that out Jo. We all can make mistakes-EVEN YOU.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast