Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab

Article about: i need your Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab, just found him in one of my boxes and had him for a long time

Default Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab

i need your Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab, just found him in one of my boxes and had him for a long time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab   Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab

No no and no, this is just wrong.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    No no and no, this is just wrong.
    ok thanks, by any chance do you know how it must look like

I haven't seen one of these before, but i know if it would have been real, the 5 would be much more straight and look much more factory made, this one just looks homemade, something a child could make.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

piw
    ?

How can you judge an item if you have never seen/handled one like it before?

all i know about early sa stuff is that it was most of the time self made, and this 5 was for gruppe berlin i guess, i dont know much about this collar pices of the sa but this is no point, hopefull someone has one or two more oppinions

I am not an expert and this is just my opinion.

I have some original SS collar tabs and as you know they are very made and the quality is superb. I have heard people moan about The Old Brigade in Northampton and in the past I have bought some nice daggers of him. A couple of years ago he was selling a lot of items from the Andrew Walker collection. I bought a couple of belt buckles. He was selling a rake of early SA collar tabs. I did not buy any due to the fact at the time I thought they all looked home made, crudely hand embroided. Some had moth nips and looked very old. Before the RZM got involved I can imagine them being like this. On the ones I seen all the stitched numbers looked done by hand. Lets see what the real experts say.........

Quote by Top Buzzer View Post
    I am not an expert and this is just my opinion.

I have some original SS collar tabs and as you know they are very made and the quality is superb. I have heard people moan about The Old Brigade in Northampton and in the past I have bought some nice daggers of him. A couple of years ago he was selling a lot of items from the Andrew Walker collection. I bought a couple of belt buckles. He was selling a rake of early SA collar tabs. I did not buy any due to the fact at the time I thought they all looked home made, crudely hand embroided. Some had moth nips and looked very old. Before the RZM got involved I can imagine them being like this. On the ones I seen all the stitched numbers looked done by hand. Lets see what the real experts say.........
    this is exact wath i was hearing before, hopefull someone knows more then we do

found on the web a picture of horst wessel and a 5 on his collar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oppinion on this SA Collar Tab  

That tab, I'm afraid is fake, without doubt. There was no official uniform for the SA in the early 20's, but even period photos show much more attention to detail than this item. With the introduction of a standadized uniform in 1931, all tab numbers were "chain stitched"
    Black would denote the "rhur" region, and would most certainly have a twisted piped border around the edge.

Even taking in to account the non regulation wear prior to '31, and the strict quality assurance imposed post 33. I believe this one to fall into the "not good bin"