Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I've never had one in my hands before, would members happen to know if its the real thing or a fake. I've run the UV light over it - it stayed dark. Opinions are welcome Reg

?

Default Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?

Hello Gentlemen,
    I've never had one in my hands before, would members happen to know if its the real thing or a fake. I've run the UV light over it - it stayed dark.
    Opinions are welcome
    Regards Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?   Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?  

Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?

Wow... new one for me! So many armbands out there. My guess would be fake. Printing looks crisp, the only thing I like about it. Just my opinion. The other guys will know for sure! Greetings Shane.

Pass

?

Hi Gothickk,
    There is one photo of this armband in Angolias book "Labor Organizations of the Reich" just the armband in the picture. I had hoped that perhaps (I know its a long shot) a member could have posted a period photo of armband being worn. Until one shows up, I'm undecided if its a rare or a fantasy piece
    I've trawled the internet looking for such a picture, didn't find one yet. What I did find was another armband, on offer on a American Military site - I'm doubtful, if this ones real.
    Regards
    Alec

Hello Alec, that is great news you have found it in Angolias book "Labor Organizations of the Reich! I would start to lean to real side than fake side then. It's a long shot to find this one in a period photo but never say never! I'm sure someone on this fine site will have some solid information for you. Have a good one. Shane.

I've never seen this armband anywhere Alec. In my humble opinion it's a fantasy piece.

Jay

just because it was featured in a book does not make it authentic,,,pass on this...

ww2fotos
    ?

What do you think of this example? It is part of my friend's OT collection. Does anybody know what the 2 stamps mean? This was a worker's armband. It is cheaply made, and certainly no comparison to the Officer's. I would assume since this Armband has a RAD stamp on it, that the RAD sent some of their men to work on the wall. Can anyone shed any light on the RAD / OT connection? Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?Organisation Todt Armband - Good / Bad ?
    Last edited by ww2fotos; 12-30-2010 at 06:24 AM.

ww2fotos
    ?

Alec - I notice we have different stamps on the Armbands. I wonder how many different stamps they used. For instance is there an NSKK stamp found on this armband? Anybody else got one?

I don't have any faith in these to be honest.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast