Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ostpreussen Jägerschaft Vereinabzeichen on Collector's Guild

Article about: I'm not interested in buying this badge, but I'm curious what the members here think of it. Personally, I think it's questionable. The patina, lettering and enamel look strange, in my opinio

?

Default Ostpreussen Jägerschaft Vereinabzeichen on Collector's Guild

I'm not interested in buying this badge, but I'm curious what the members here think of it. Personally, I think it's questionable. The patina, lettering and enamel look strange, in my opinion.

The Collector's Guild

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostpreussen Jägerschaft Vereinabzeichen on Collector's Guild
    P
    Many

I believe it's good - made by H. Wernstein, Jena.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Looks OK but a bit rough, i thought these had a swastika?...

I believe it is a complete fantasy badge mate.

Perhaps de nazified? found this photo but im no too keen on it being legit either ...heres a link to a russian site claiming to have one..lots of pics
    Красивый знак: 50 Jahre Deutsche Jagershaft Ostpreussen 1888-1938 | REIBERT.info

Correct ! It's been de nazified , you can just see what's left of the swastika .

?

Interesting mix of opinions. I know there's always been some controversy about these. To me, this one looks like it's had a fake patina applied, which is also what I believe is obscuring the swastika. The reason I question the patina is the color. This just does not strike me as a genuine badge, but I'm nowhere near an expert, so I'm very interested in some more discussion.

Quote by Erno View Post
    ..... this one looks like it's had a fake patina applied,.......
    Who would do such a ghastly thing
    There are a few different makers marks on these, they came out the same time that the fantasy Zeppelin badges did, along with the fantasy NSKK badges, fantasy olympic badges.. usw...etc...and so on. If you sneak this fantasy badge into a lot of other genuine Jäger items, like one HH auction did, then you can sell it, otherwise the small badge community has known for a long time that these are fantasy inventions. The ones sitting on dealers sites now, have been sitting there since before the Adam & the apple story...

Apparently a denazified 50 year anniversary pin for the East Prussian Hunting Association...But nothing I'd want in my collection....
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Who would do such a ghastly thing
    There are a few different makers marks on these, they came out the same time that the fantasy Zeppelin badges did, along with the fantasy NSKK badges, fantasy olympic badges.. usw...etc...and so on. If you sneak this fantasy badge into a lot of other genuine Jäger items, like one HH auction did, then you can sell it, otherwise the small badge community has known for a long time that these are fantasy inventions. The ones sitting on dealers sites now, have been sitting there since before the Adam & the apple story...
    So these are definitely all fantasies, then? I've seen several, but they all looked fake to me. I'd e-mail the Collector's Guild, but I don't know if they'd believe me this time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast