MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Painted DRK Brooch: Late Piece? Maker?

Article about: Hello All I would like to get some help with this DRK brooch that I have had for some time. Perfectly original in my eyes, however I must admit that I am still somewhat undereducated about t

Default Painted DRK Brooch: Late Piece? Maker?

Hello All

I would like to get some help with this DRK brooch that I have had for some time. Perfectly original in my eyes, however I must admit that I am still somewhat undereducated about these. Would this painted variety be considered a "late" piece? Can someone please tell me who the maker is based on this marking?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Painted DRK Brooch: Late Piece? Maker?   Painted DRK Brooch: Late Piece? Maker?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Painted DRK Brooch: Late Piece? Maker?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Painted DRK Brooch: Late Piece? Maker?

Hi Adam, it looks fine to me. I cannot recall the maker sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks, Ade and perhaps someone else might recognize the maker mark. Does the fact that it is painted rather than enamel indicate later production? Is this difference even indicative of a late vs. earlytime frame?

Many thanks,
    Adam

Hi Adam, yes the zinc based body and painted finish are later war features. I do recognise the makers mark, just cannot bring it to mind......

Cheers, Ade.

?

Adam,
    November / December 2010 issue of Internationales Militaria - Magazin has five pages dealing with DRK women's badges, shows & touches on painted badges, gives two helferin examples (none have your MM) describes them so - "Two painted Helferin Badges 30mm & 29mm diameter. The painted badges supposidly come from war time period" author Mag. J.T. Schweizer appears not convinced - he uses five scources for the articule. May be wise to not have them in your collection.
    Regards

Im not convinced by the statement about "The painted badges supposidly come from war time period" author Mag. J.T. Schweizer appears not convinced - he uses five scources for the articule. May be wise to not have them in your collection" Painted badges are accepted throughout the differing organisations NSDAP etc so don't see there being a difference here. Also with the amount on the market with the correct hardware to the rear would make it hard to believe they are not period

Looks like a good one to me aswell I see no problem with it good detail and pin is correct. Im not sure on the maker.

ERIC

albertcher
    ?

Hello,

the badge is ok and nothing to have any doubts.

I am the author of the above mentioned article and can tell that it is simply not listed anywhere precisely when the production of the painted ones actually started. So to be correct it only can be assumed that this is a wartime or even late war item.
    Unfortunately i do not know the producers name, but the sign i know from several pieces.
    So absolutely no doubts on your brooch!

Kindest regards!

Me thinks the maker is KWM - Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen.

Cheers, MB.