Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pin Identification

Article about: Can anyone identify these pins, I know what 2 of them are (the HJ and RLB) but the others are new to me. The white with red cross is not actually a pin as can been seen in back photos. The i

Brindlereo
    ?

Default Pin Identification

Can anyone identify these pins, I know what 2 of them are (the HJ and RLB) but the others are new to me.

The white with red cross is not actually a pin as can been seen in back photos. The iron cross portion is cut out and the color is provided by a felt disk on the inside.

Thanks

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pin Identification   Pin Identification  

Pin Identification   Pin Identification  

Pin Identification   Pin Identification  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Pin Identification

N S Studentenbund, N S Colonial League, RLB, an Imperial cap device. The bottom right is too dark and I need a better image
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Brindlereo
    ?

Here ya go Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pin Identification  

Sorry, I have no idea on what the last piece is.
    BOB

Hi Brindlereo,

Just to qualify, the red Maltese cross cockade is a post 1897 officers cockade for the Hanseatic State of Lubeck. That means it's quite rare.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Brindlereo
    ?

Rare is good. Ive had no luck finding any other examples to compare. How many $'s does rare equal. LOL

I was waiting for that!!

Retailing now in the States, same cockade, $70-80. U.K 40-50 quid.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Brindlereo
    ?

I have just started collecting, I am trying to decide what area I would like to concentate on, So I have been buying a bunch of stuff war related if the price is right. Selling some and keeping some. I want to stay in the ww2 time frame. But I cant help picking up other things at auction. I got that cockade in a tray lot with about ten other pins and this ribbon bar for $10. Hard to pass it up, especially when I know there are others on this forum and others that might collect these items.

On the other hand I get burned as in the Blockade runner badge I posted as a fake, which I paid $80

Thanks

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pin Identification   Pin Identification  

Caseydiggz
    ?

On the unknown iron cross badge is that a maker mark that is concealed by the pin on the back? or just a shadow?

May I suggest you post the unidentified piece in the Imperial German Subforum. The piece is not likely 3rd Reich era and you will likely get better information there.
    BOB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast