Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

pin w/ shovel.....what is it?

Article about: OK Eric, Thanks,,,actually the Braunschweig is the one with the #27 with the coffin pin....the Freiwilliger is marked Ges Gesch.....had them for a long time and never noticed the shape... Th

Default Re: pin w/ shovel.....what is it?

OK Eric, Thanks,,,actually the Braunschweig is the one with the #27 with the coffin pin....the Freiwilliger is marked Ges Gesch.....had them for a long time and never noticed the shape...
    Thanks again........Dave H

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I agree with Eric that the top one is bad...the porcelain is pretty poor as well as the coloring of the badge. I believe that I have one of these floating around somewhere...early purchase...just when I was starting.

As for the value question...I think that varies and depends on where you are looking. You can find all sorts of crazy prices for the 'honor' piece...sometimes you will see them listed as high as $200.00+. In my opinion for insurance purposes $60.00-$75.00 is about right. If I were selling them I would list them at around $45.00 each.

The non 'honor' version and the regular RAD stickpin I would value at around $35.00-$45.00...I'd sell them for $25.00-$30.00.

These are only my opinions though...

Chrys

Chrys,
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Dave H

No problem Dave!

Quote by SADolch View Post
    OK Eric, Thanks,,,actually the Braunschweig is the one with the #27 with the coffin pin....the Freiwilliger is marked Ges Gesch.....had them for a long time and never noticed the shape...
    Thanks again........Dave H
    We need to be more specific here, your Braunschweig pin is not just a fake, but a Half-Fantasy item. There IS a similar original pin like this, round, with similar details, but for HIMMIGHAUSEN. (it is pictured in the Assmann Catalog) The details on your badge are a pure fantasy invention. I am aware that the exact pin is pictured in the 2010 Hüsken Kleinabzeichenkatalog, and i am also aware, that he, as well as many others sell them too, as original - They are not though, the details are bogus, its not just a fake due to the pin plate, its because there never was such a unit!!

I was also told by a very reliable source that there were other unit pins that existed...just not in the design that the Himmighausen badge is in. In fact of you look at the Assmann catalog you will see one for another unit right next to it. Also as a side note...the Himmighausen badge has a black border to it...not red.

Also...just to clear up another thing here...both of the RAD pins are simply referred to in the Assmann catalog as 'Arbeitsdankabzeichen'. They were not available for private purchase but were awarded when you completed your RAD service. To my knowledge there has never been any documented evidence that the 'gold' pin is anything other than a different color. It is basically just collectors who have theorized that they are something special. The common accepted belief is that it is an 'honor' version of what already is cataloged by Assmann as a 'honor' award! Perhaps it was awarded to those that were exceptional or that met some extra set of requirements. But again, to my knowledge there has never been anything documented to support this believe.

So go figure...it was probably a dealer at some point that came up with this....just another way to squeeze an extra few bucks out of the collecting community!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12