Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pins Identification Help

Article about: Hi, While in Germany a few years ago, I also purchased two other pins from a pin collector at a small local market. He claimed that they are both originals from his collection. The first pin

?

Default Pins Identification Help

Hi,

While in Germany a few years ago, I also purchased two other pins from a pin collector at a small local market. He claimed that they are both originals from his collection. The first pin is the one I am really curious about. It appears to be a membership pin, but I am not sure. It has GDA JB on the front and I am unable to figure out what that stands for. I would assume the JB may stand for Jugend Bund, but not sure. It has no maker's marks. I am not totally sure if it is from the war, but in the center, there appears to be a symbol similar to the facist club. Does anyone know what this pin is? Is it post war or something?
    The second pin is what appears to be a Sudeten Deutschen member's stick pin. The front of this pin is of high quality and very smooth. The rear has a bit of wear, but no maker's marks either. Does anyone have any idea exactly what this stick pin is and if it is original?
    Thanks again!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pins Identification Help   Pins Identification Help  

Pins Identification Help   Pins Identification Help  

Pins Identification Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pins Identification Help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pins Identification Help

I don't recognize the first one.
    The second is the " Badge of the Sudeten-German Party".
    It represented the supporters of the Hitler movement in Czechoslovakia when it was still an independent country. I think it would be a rare one considering the length of time used. The badge was only used in the form of a stick pin.
    Steve

?

In your opinion, does the stick pin look original? Like I said, the front is of very good quality.
    Thanks!

Nick

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I have never seen a fasces on a German pin, but I have seen plenty of them on Italian pins. Maybe your top pin is Italian? Just a thought, no facts to back it up. Of course it could be for an Italian-German Bund.

?

Yeah, that is a good thought. What's strange though, is that there doesn't appear to be a blade to the fasces. Anyone else have any more info/ideas?
    Thanks!

?

Well, just thought I'd let you guys know that I finally found out what that first pin is. My brain can finally rest . It is a membershift pin for the Jugend Bund im Gewerkschaft der Angestellten. Here's a link to the site where I found almost the same pin:
    Galerie d´Histoire - André Huesken
    I guess it was a German youth group that was a part of the prewar and war time German union/society known as the Gewerkschaftsbund der Angestellten. I'll probably have to do more research to figure out more. At least it brings some clarity to the issue. Thanks again for your help everyone. Anyone else have any thoughts on the Sudeten Deutschen stick pin? I guess I should have listed it in the section for allies of Germany.

Nick

?

I believe that the Sudeten badge is a good one.
    Here are the statistics for the size and decoration of the pin:
    It was produced in a nickle base with a silver plate.
    The badge measures 9.5 mm by 17 mm.
    The shield shape with the letters SdP is the central theme set in red enamel.
    There is only one type known to have existed and that is in stickpin form with a plain back, No markings.
    Hope this helps you.
    Steve

?

Wow! Thanks alot! That information really helps. I found it interesting that you mentioned that it has a nickel interior, because there are some scratches on the back of the pin where the slightly golden colored base metal is visible. If I remember correctly, nickel is usually slightly gold in color. I guess that detail seems to check out. Any idea on rarity or value on this stick pin?
    Thanks!

Nick

Hi!

I found this old thread while serching some info about the GEWERKSCHAFTBUND DER ANGESTELLTEN as I have a stickpin from this organization, mine is not from the Jugdend but from the senior organization, I left a link to the wikipedia information page, not a very long lasted organization (from 20s till 33), my stickpin has a legend on the back; Fur `Treu Mittarbeit`

Best regards

Nacho
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pins Identification Help   Pins Identification Help