Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Please help me out here

Article about: Please could you tell me what these are and what they say? They were liberated by a soldier that was with Co C 134th Infantry 35 Div. Oh well I cant seem to upload the pictures. They are ban

Default Please help me out here

Please could you tell me what these are and what they say? They were liberated by a soldier that was with Co C 134th Infantry 35 Div.
    Oh well I cant seem to upload the pictures.

They are banners about 6 feet long and 5 inches wide with silver thread fringe on both ends. One end has the German Iron Cross sewn on and the words "Der Reichsminister der Luftfahrt" and below that "H. Oberbefehlshaber der Luftwaffe" the other end has a swastika with a black ring around it. I will keep trying to load the pictures dont know what is wrong iv'e done it before with no problems.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help me out here   Please help me out here  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me out here
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please help me out here

hi mate , its a hard one without pics , but sounds like funeral sash / wreath banners...cheers [paul

Photos are up now

Thanks

Quote by ppsh33 View Post
    hi mate , its a hard one without pics , but sounds like funeral sash / wreath banners...cheers [paul
    I am not a expert on this. But will have to agree.

yes two nice looking funeral sashes esp the one to a nsdap political kamerade

they are all for a funeral

Just to give you some extra detail: these would be draped around a large floral wreath at a funeral to show who it was from. The top one was from Goring.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks guys, These are just some of the items that the widow has that her husband brought home. It will be nice to tell her what they were for. He also brought home a Silver Star for his actions at St. Lo and other locations. Too bad he passed in 1990. Thanks again.

i saw one of these bk in the 90s and the inscription was in english!!