Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei Shoulder Board Set

Article about: I recently acquired this set of shoulder boards in a lot. I initially thought that they were for a Kriegsmarine administration official, but I now believe that they are for a Polizei officia

Default Polizei Shoulder Board Set

I recently acquired this set of shoulder boards in a lot. I initially thought that they were for a Kriegsmarine administration official, but I now believe that they are for a Polizei official (maybe East German). The Waffenfarbe is a very dark green color (it almost looks like a black color to the naked eye) and the Nebenfarbe is a white color.
    Does anyone know what kind of Polizei official these board were for?
    Thanks for any and all help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei Shoulder Board Set   Polizei Shoulder Board Set  

Polizei Shoulder Board Set   Polizei Shoulder Board Set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Shoulder Board Set
    P
    Many

It turns out that they're of a West German Bahnpolizei senior NCO from 1953-1968 and are missing their winged wheel pins.

Quote by Dillinger022 View Post
    It turns out that they're of a West German Bahnpolizei senior NCO from 1953-1968 and are missing their winged wheel pins.
    Bahnpolizei boards had a black underlay and very light grey piping (there were no different branch colors within that service). If these really have white piping and dark green underlay, they have to be something else.

As I pointed out in the waforum where these shoulder insignia have been posted as well, there may be some kind of colour distortion in the photos. The backing appears definitely black in one picture and with a noticeable green hue in the other picture. The secondary color (BTW the official designation is mausgrau but it is actualy a light shade of grey) looks like very pale grey there and off-white here.

Yes, to the naked eye the underlay appears black and the piping off-white.