Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible German uniform?

Article about: Hi All, I have come across this photo of a relative who was a Dutch man sent to the "land army" in Poland to help the famers during wwii, I believe he may have also been part of th

Default Possible German uniform?

Hi All,

I have come across this photo of a relative who was a Dutch man sent to the "land army" in Poland to help the famers during wwii, I believe he may have also been part of the Nazi youth group at some point as well.

I have been unable to find any information on the uniform, collar pins and cross. Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your time and help, I greatly appreciate it!

Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible German uniform?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible German uniform?
    P
    Many

Default Additional photo

There is also this photo which may be of the same uniforms.

Thanks again!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible German uniform?  

?

I have sent the link to a US collector friend of mine, i hope he can be able to help you in this.

Please be patient Sir.

Thank you, that's very kind of you.

Sincerely,

Madame.

The uniform is that of the N.A.D. (Nederlandse Arbeids Dienst, the Dutch Labor Service.)

Rank of the man in the portrait is Voorman.

Wow! That's quite amazing for your quick response and knowledge. Thank you HPL2008. So he was a foreman? And I assume that this was taken in Poland where he was sent...

Thank you once again, I shall pass on the information to my family!

?

Here are the reply i got Sir.

These images are NAD (Nederlandse Arbeids Dienst), the Dutch version of RAD and Norwegian AT...
    and they did serve in Poland and even Ukraine...but limited...99% served in Holland, conscripted!
    They did 3 deployments in the east. First one they switched to German RAD uniforms, 2nd and 3rd deployment in Dutch uniforms.
    3rd deployment in 1944 only a few went and got cancelled...the Russians were breaking through...they had to pull out..being non combatants...Constructing roads, bridges, repairs...perhaps even fortifications...

The uniform depicted in the photo is the model 1942 (so a German occupation made labor uniform) which dates the image to between 1942-1944. Prior to 1942 they wore Dutch army uniforms stripped of all insignia and dyed olive green...

From my series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", volume 5:

Possible German uniform?

Possible German uniform? Possible German uniform?

That's great! Thank you so much for sharing that information with me!

Thank you so much for the information!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast