Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other

Article about: Here are a bunch of pins and what nots I received from an elderly cousin. Any suggestions on how to clean / preserve these? It was in her attic in Lippe for God only knows how long. She is g

?

Default Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other

Here are a bunch of pins and what nots I received from an elderly cousin. Any suggestions on how to clean / preserve these? It was in her attic in Lippe for God only knows how long. She is getting up in years and she is starting to clean out the attics. She was born in this house and she is 85 years old. Sorry for the quality of some of the pics but I am still in Germany and this is the best I could get. Thanks in advance. Also see my other posts of some of the other things I was fortunate to receive. See my Album on my Profile. Regards.
    Last edited by Colt; 05-19-2011 at 10:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other

Some More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other   Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other  

Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other   Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other  

Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other  
    Attached Images Attached Images Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other  Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other  Pre WWII Tinnies, Pins, other 

?

Cleaning removes original patina, these items look this way because of age its best left alone

I agree with Dave, leave the items as is. I would, however, put some mineral oil on the rusted area, but apart from that nothing else.
    Tom