Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Gorgets

Article about: Hi Guys, I have a political leaders gorget and I'm looking for a chain for it. There is an auction coming up this Saturday near my home and they have what I'm looking for. Unfortunately they

Default Question about Gorgets

Hi Guys,

I have a political leaders gorget and I'm looking for a chain for it. There is an auction coming up this Saturday near my home and they have what I'm looking for. Unfortunately they are lumping it in with some other stuff that I don't know much about. I was wondering if someone could take a look at the photos and tell me what the cloth item and the leather case are and if they are any good?

Also I'm wondering if the chain RZM number and gorget RZM number should match? Ideally I would like it to but I have read on another form that they didn't always match.

Thanks for the help!

Nazi Military Lot Incl Gorget Chain | Proxibid Auctions

Kirby

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about Gorgets
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question about Gorgets

Hi Kirby, the leather ammo pouch is post war Austrian for the FAL/Stg58 worth about $5.

The Kreigsmarine eagle looks OK, no idea why it is on the scarf?

I cannot pass any opinion on the chain, not my area.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade!

I just got some pics from the auctioneer of the chain. Any help on would be great this is new territory for me.

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about Gorgets   Question about Gorgets  

Question about Gorgets  

The chains do not need to match.

The chain is a good one. I must disagree with my colleague as the gorget and chain wee manufactured at the same time by the same manufacturer. To be correct, the RZM codes should match. If the price is good, having a mismatched set is better than a gorget less the chain.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for the info guys! My preference is to have the two match so like Bob suggested Ill hold off unless its a good price. Not really sure whaat a good price is but Ill figure that out.

Thanks again!

Kirby

Nice Assmann chain.
    Normally the number upon the tang for the shield and the numbers on the link should match.
    But...the chains easily got lost and it is possible then a chain was purchased from another manufacturer by the RZM.
    Also with this they were not so consequent and might have ordered a chain from another manufacturer. They
    purchased it where they could get one quickly. Just my opinion!

Wilhelm,

Thanks for the additional thoughts. Ill take them into consideration.

Kirby