Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD Cog

Article about: I found this aluminum cog at an antiques shop and wondered what it was used as. It measure 8 inches in diameter and has no marks on it. Any info would be most appreciated.

?

Default RAD Cog

I found this aluminum cog at an antiques shop and wondered what it was used as. It measure 8 inches in diameter and has no marks on it. Any info would be most appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Cog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Cog
    P
    Many

Just to help out a bit, it's actually a DAF cog...
    cheers, Glenn

It not RAD but DAF and I have major doubts about it. Here is a link that may help.... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...plaque-180239/.......

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I agree with Eric.If you read the tread Eric linked there is good information.
    Morris

?

Read the thread.....enough said.

I have added this post to the thread in question:

I have bought numerous examples of this DAF cog wheel whatever it is directly from the hands of veterans as far back as the early 1960's. That is not to say that as evidenced by our compatriate from Switzerland that they were not copied and sold in the 1970's. for me, it was an odd thing to fake at the time as there was little interest in daf material. They were likely made as the large swastika would have buffon appeal to individuals who were not serious collectors. There are period original examples and fakes of this piece. i have never heard a plausible reason for their purpose.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Possibly a table medal? Also, yes it's Duetsche Abrbeiters Front. As opposed to Reiches Arbeiters Dienst.

No way that is a table medal at that size.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]