Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?

Article about: I have the opportunity to purchase this for 45 GBP. I am sure that there are more knowledgeable people than I on this part of the forum to comment on its authenticity and value?

Default RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?

I have the opportunity to purchase this for 45 GBP. I am sure that there are more knowledgeable people than I on this part of the forum to comment on its authenticity and value?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?

It appears to be a fine original piece
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

There is one of these that is copied, unfortunately I can't remember the number.
    Pete

Hi Salzburg did you buy this badge?
    If so is there any chance of posting a picture of the back so I can compare it to one I’ve got, as I to have no way of knowing if this one is original either. It pass,s the black light test.
    There is only one other i can find on the net and it is only a front view and the dealer is looking for $85 for it, probably to late to tell you this information now.
    Thanks
    Rod

RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?

?

Looks lijke the top one (XXII) is OK.
    The other (XXVIII) is not.
    See here:-
    Female RAD LS4 Sleeve patch - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Regards,
    Pete

Thanks Pete
    I had a good read at those links but I couldn’t access the pictures there because I am not a member.
    So I take your word for it that it is a repo, Its unbelievable that even things like this have been reproduced, thank god i did not pay an arm and a leg for it. My first test with the black light made me think it may have been in with a chance. Just goes to show we cant trust anything.
    It would still be nice to see the back of an original, perhaps Ade will catch this thread and post a picture of the back of his.

I got it with this small lot, and think the tabs are wrong as well. The cap badge looks ok though as I can see it has been removed.
    Again thanks very much.
    Rod

RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?

?

I agree on the tabs, and if the RAD hat badge has been used, it stands a good chance, BUT, this has also been reproduced.
    Regards,
    Pete

You’ve got me thinking now Pete.
    Do the fakers stop at nothing these cap badges will only be worth about £15 if that.
    Can you tell if this is ok Pete or anyone.
    RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?
    I notice that my arm shied is longer and has straighter sides as well from the first one posted, It may be another way to spot a repo from the front.
    Best regards
    Rod
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD District Arm Patch ~ Original?