Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rad female broach

Article about: I just won this at an auction.. I forgot I had bid on it.. The price was moderate... There are many different variations as far as makers, construction and class. I have a lot in the works .

?

Gold, Silver and Bronze... Different meanings I suppose... I believe Wellers broach may have been for a Arbeitsmaiden. Gold was to perhaps be for Personnels rank.. Their are a few variations as stated before pertaining to construction and the meaning.. I am going to purchase a few here in the next few days and post them. Wim. Saris is probably going to "Brain" me as I have strayed from the RaD traditions before I have even delved into that situation.. But.. I have the Traditions in sight and hope to have a almost complete set by Sept. G-Man
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad female broach
    P
    Many

I do have the introduction order from August 17, 1937 about "Abzeichen für die Rangstufen im
    Arbeitsdienst für die weibliche Jugend
    ". Badges had to be produced by the concern of Moritz
    Hausch from Pforzheim. I also do have the order about renewing the ranks from October 11,
    1939: Neue Dienstgradbezeichnunge
    n, as well as the order from December 15, 1939 about the
    new badges "Dienstgrad- und Dienststellenabzeichen für die weibliche Jugend des RAD" (with
    addendum). The badges had to be produced by the concern Heinrich Ulbricht's Witwe from Kaufing
    near Schwanenstadt and also by F.W. Assmann from Lüdenscheid. The various colors are described
    in the orders and have to do with rank/function.

Normally I show the orders, but this time I won't!. For various reasons!! All or most information about
    the brooches one can find in "Labor Organizations of the Reich" by Littlejohn and Angolia, published
    in 1999. If their information is quite correct, is the question! If collectors would buy books then they would
    have known the answers for years. But this is a lack. I often see questions asked at forums, which are solved
    a long time ago by the one or other author. Books do not interest most collectors, but they should!

About the "U" post 5 and 7: the answer is solved above. Year of manufacturing = 1940.

GWAR: "I have the Traditions in sight and hope to have a almost complete set by Sept". Dream on!!
    I did research for many years and did collect them also for many years (2000). Some are easy to find, some
    are VERY hard to find. No person ever could show (or has seen) an original from Böhmen und Mähren.
    Just the drawing is known, as it is published in the RAD Verordnungsblatt. I know you said "almost"!
    I wish you best luck!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 07-15-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2