MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rad Sleeve insignia

Article about: Is there a database of known and unknown Rad Abt. / Gau patches ??

?

Default Rad Sleeve insignia

Is there a database of known and unknown Rad Abt. / Gau patches ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad Sleeve insignia
    P
    Many

?

XXXI Oberrhein 310-319
    Rad 2/312 Suggerath I ( W 22 ) Ofm. Erbert Feldmarshall Kieth
    I personally would like to have discussion or post's of known and unknown Rad Abt. if possible with photos / sleeve shields for a identification thread.. Perhaps .. With the Mod's help we can create a list that is not sporadic but more along the lines of a easy reference guide by Gau..
    Thanks.... G
    Attached Images Attached Images Rad Sleeve insignia 

I would like to find out what Gau this patch is from.
    My mother's first husband, and father of my oldest brother, MIA in Italy during WW II.
    The numbers are, 106/9
    Ralph.

Rad Sleeve insignia
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I would like to find out what Gau this patch is from.
    My mother's first husband, and father of my oldest brother, MIA in Italy during WW II.
    The numbers are, 106/9
    RAD-Abteilung 9/106 was raised in March 1935 and based in a camp on the Luisenhöhe near Primkenau (Przemków). In 1939, it was awarded the honor title "Jakob von Kurland".

RAD-Gruppe 106 was headquartered at the castle in Primkenau (Przemków). It was awarded the honor title "Sprottebruch" on 30 January 1935. The Sprottebruch is a vast moor and was the subject of a major land reclamation project.

The Gruppe was subordinate to Arbeitsgau X Niederschlesien [Lower Silesia]. The Arbeitsgau's headquarters were at Görlitz.

Sources:
    RAD-Abteilungen
    Einheiten und Standorte des RAD - Page 27 - Einheiten des RAD - Forum der Wehrmacht
    Last edited by HPL2008; 03-10-2016 at 08:24 AM.

No database known to me? So let's build one.

I have one at work which came in with some some other RAD insignia. I will photograph and show.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

In a list from the "Verordnungsblatt für den RAD" from April 22, 1941
    the name "Jakob von Kurland" was for 8/106. 9/106 was not included. So,
    may have been numbered at a later date.

I once started making a list of all unit-numbers (with dates and locations).
    I do have 48 pages of them, but due to lack of time, I was not able to finish
    the list. With the above date a list of all granted names was published, being
    two rows on one page; twelve pages in total.

There must exist a book "Dienststellenverzeichnis" for males and females,
    which includes the numbers, locations, addresses, phone-numbers etc. I have
    looked for this book for 30 years and nobody was able to locate one sample!

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    RAD-Abteilung 9/106 was raised in March 1935 and based in a camp on the Luisenhöhe near Primkenau (Przemków). In 1939, it was awarded the honor title "Jakob von Kurland".

RAD-Gruppe 106 was headquartered at the castle in Primkenau (Przemków). It was awarded the honor title "Sprottebruch" on 30 January 1935. The Sprottebruch is a vast moor and was the subject of a major land reclamation project.

The Gruppe was subordinate to Arbeitsgau X Niederschlesien [Lower Silesia]. The Arbeitsgau's headquarters were at Görlitz.

Sources:
    RAD-Abteilungen
    Einheiten und Standorte des RAD - Page 27 - Einheiten des RAD - Forum der Wehrmacht
    For some unknown reason this information is no longer available to me.. Do I need to join to view ??
    I don't mind doing so .... But my German is limited to basically nothing... G

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    For some unknown reason this information is no longer available to me.. Do I need to join to view ??
    I don't mind doing so .... But my German is limited to basically nothing... G
    Not sure what your watching on your PC???? LOL. But I was able to look and also translate that page on my tablet, which has been troublesome on accessing web pages.just saying.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Not sure what your watching on your PC???? LOL. But I was able to look and also translate that page on my tablet, which has been troublesome on accessing web pages.just saying.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    I shall look into this aspect... Many Thanks !!

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    AZPhil ... Just out of curiosity... Do you have Windows 10 ?? And if so would you recommend switching to that ?? G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast